Bunch of liars in Iowa City

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
Iowa football: Tickets remained for Hawkeye 'sellouts' | DesMoinesRegister.com | The Des Moines Register

To me, a sellout is when no tickets are available. I repeat, NO tickets...

I wonder what else the U of I Athletic Department is lying about... possibly an assault that happened in Hillcrest? I smell cover-up...

I also heard they award themselves a touchdown every time they get in the read zone because they know those last twenty yards can be hard to finish out.

No wonder they think they are a national power. They delude themselves.

Last edited:

matmann22

Dec 31, 2007
Pleasant Hill
matmann22.spaces.live.com
It is a simple concept called 'creative accounting'.

Apparently, the U of I has changed the widely accepted definition of 'sellout' to all tickets not .. to quote Kirk's puppet (GB).. "partial views, singles or obstructed views, we deem it a sellout because those tickets are very hard to sell,"

If I use "very hard to sell" as my concept, the game this Saturday in Ames is a sellout. How can I do this ? Who would come to see a 2-8 ISU team in subfreezing weather besides the true ISU diehards. Therefore, those tickets are "very hard to sell". See what FUN things you can do when you can define words to fit how you need them defined ?

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
"When we say it's a sellout, the ticket director has a good sense of whether tickets will be left. We don't want people driving from long distances and then being disappointed when they get to town."

I'd be pretty damn disappointed if I show up in a town and the Hawkeyes are there :rolleyes:

But seriously... no integrity there. Ok so you have a few single tickets scattered throughout the stadium thats one thing, but 2,400+? :confused:

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
I think he was asking do we do the same thing? And the answer is probally. Maybe not to the same extent though... a few single tickets scattered through out the crowd probally would still be labled a sell out. (Note that Nebraska has done the same thing)

[/Logical thought process]

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I think we should wait to pass judgement until TarHeelhawk, Southernhawk, DJK..., or that other newer troll show up on this thread and educate us. I've always thought it best to listen to the voices of reason first....:skeptical:

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
APhony.png

Reactions: tim_redd

cyradio

Sep 13, 2008
What is the actual capacity at JTS? When do we call it a sellout? Glass houses, watch out for the glass houses.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
What is the actual capacity at JTS? When do we call it a sellout? Glass houses, watch out for the glass houses.

I don't know that we've ever listed an actual "sellout." I'm not sure when they stop selling hillside seats, or if they even place a limit on them.

If we have claimed a sellout, I'd like to know when that was.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I don't know that we've ever listed an actual "sellout." I'm not sure when they stop selling hillside seats, or if they even place a limit on them.

On the first Monday night show of this year, JP said that they don't stop selling hillside tickets until people stop buying them. If people feel the view isn't good enough in the horde over there, they were given refunds. He'll stuff that thing past SRO, if people will buy, which is cool to me:yes:

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007

Probally when we set attendance records that were over capacity... though that is a good point, usually we talk about attendance records vs sellouts

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
What shocks me here is this was a Des Moines Register story :wideeyed:

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I think we should wait to pass judgement until TarHeelhawk, Southernhawk, DJK..., or that other newer troll show up on this thread and educate us. I've always thought it best to listen to the voices of reason first....:skeptical:

Absolutely the best idea I have ever heard...grate post to include those jerkoffs from the east side of the state....

btw a sell out is when you sell all the tickets where there is a seat involved...ie when the seats are full U-Gotta-A-SellOut!!!!:biglaugh:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron