Bunch of liars in Iowa City

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Okay my honest opinion on this besides ridiculing UofI fans about not answering questions.

IMO, if there are <1% of seats available it is a sellout. between singles, opponent allotment and to hold a few back for emergencies, there easily could be tickets never bought. I am fine with not selling 100% of tickets and calling it a sellout.

But when you have 1500 and 2000 seats left open out 70k, that IMO is NOT a sellout.

-keep.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
This is true, but by Iowa "standards" (and I use the term loosely) we could EASILY claim sellouts for two straight years. And the average attendance for the past 3 years is greater than the # of real actual tangible seats in our stadium. The bottom line is that Iowa's sell out streak is a pure sham, no matter how they want to spin it, and they just keep spoon feeding this crap so Joe-6 pack Hawk fan who has never left his trailer on the East side can brag about it loudly at a bar...

How will they do that if they don't leave their trailer?

Or are the trailers attached to the bar, like a communal living room?

Maybe that's what you were getting at:yes::wink:

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Okay my honest opinion on this besides ridiculing UofI fans about not answering questions.

IMO, if there are <1% of seats available it is a sellout. between singles, opponent allotment and to hold a few back for emergencies, there easily could be tickets never bought. I am fine with not selling 100% of tickets and calling it a sellout.

But when you have 1500 and 2000 seats left open out 70k, that IMO is NOT a sellout.

-keep.

What he said

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Did we ever answer the question if the visiting team allotment is purchased by the visiting team? Or is to be returned? Or just goes unsold by the visiting team's ticket office?

I seem to recall that within a week or something, unsold tickets are returned to the host school in most cases.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Did we ever answer the question if the visiting team allotment is purchased by the visiting team? Or is to be returned? Or just goes unsold by the visiting team's ticket office?

I seem to recall that within a week or something, unsold tickets are returned to the host school in most cases.

Pretty sure thats what happens at most schools....

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
How will they do that if they don't leave their trailer?

Or are the trailers attached to the bar, like a communal living room?

Maybe that's what you were getting at:yes::wink:

Hmm... I guess I contradicted myself in the same sentence. It was early, and law school is hell, so my brain isn't always working straight.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
You'd think that being in the midst of 5 seasons worth of straight sellouts, they wouldn't need to outsource their advertising or discount tickets.

1569image001.gif

In partnership with the University of Iowa Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and in celebration of the UI’s annual Fan Appreciation Day at historic Kinnick Stadium, Mediacom Communications, Inc., is pleased to invite you to purchase tickets to the Iowa football team’s final home game of the 2008 season Saturday against the Purdue Boilermakers inside Kinnick Stadium in Iowa City.

In addition to being Fan Appreciation Day, the game also marks the final home game for 16 seniors on the Hawkeyes’ roster included defensive standouts Mitch King and Matt Kroul. Kickoff at Kinnick Stadium is set for shortly after 11 a.m.

The tickets purchased through this special offer of the UI and Mediacom are priced at $25 each.

To make your purchase, click on this link:

https://www.groupticketwindow.com/groupticket/college/iowa/group

Use the login: ONIOWA and the password: GOHAWKS to access the page where you will place your order. Once that process is completed, you will receive an e-mail from the UI Athletics Ticket Office and your game tickets will be an attachment to that e-mail. Please note: the login and password are case-sensitive. Tickets are limited, so hurry!

We invite you to take advantage of this special offer from the University of Iowa and Mediacom to be a part of the fun and excitement of a college football game day in Iowa City.

Go Hawks!

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
So would Iowas deal with Mediacom be kind of like selling 4 tickets and 4 t-shirts for 75 bucks, and getting Iowa season openers on public access cable?

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
So would Iowas deal with Mediacom be kind of like selling 4 tickets and 4 t-shirts for 75 bucks, and getting Iowa season openers on public access cable?

I wouldn't think such things would be necessary while riding a 30-something sellout streak.

Obviously the ticket demand in Iowa City is incredibly high, like few other teams in the county.

Why discount or extra promote?

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
I wouldn't think such things would be necessary while riding a 30-something sellout streak.

Obviously the ticket demand in Iowa City is incredibly high, like few other teams in the county.

Why discount or extra promote?

To get the streak to 37. Duh.:wink:

Isn't 4 tickets for 75 bucks a discount? That comes out to 18.75 a ticket.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
This is either a brilliant slam, or an awesome typo-either way it is very funny!

Reactions: DaddyMac

DJKHawk

Dec 22, 2007
Iowa City, Iowa
Streak is over.

University of Iowa Official Athletic Site :: Football

IOWA CITY, Iowa -- A strong and rested right arm of Purdue quarterback Curtis Painter was trumped by the powerful legs of University of Iowa running back Shonn Greene during a 22-17 Hawkeye victory in front of 67,676 fans on a chilly afternoon inside Kinnick Stadium.

Haven't really followed this thread all too closely, but I thought this was notable.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
I believe Dolph even said the streak ended today. What are you guys going to complain about now? Oh wait...the Big Ten still sucks.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron