Bunch of liars in Iowa City

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Only because I grew up in eastern Iowa and have to deal with hawk fans like yourself, more than I care to think about.

BTW - nice job in diverting the conversation away from your previous indefensible arguement.

Kudos.

Not trying to - do you think it's out the realm of possibilty that some of the unsold tickets were visiting teams allotment?

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Not trying to - do you think it's out the realm of possibilty that some of the unsold tickets were visiting teams allotment?
two things:

1) at the freaking 50?
2) Don't visiting teams HAVE to buy them up? .. so they ARE sold.

-keep

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006

Is it a sellout?

Seriously man, you're grasping at straws here.

And again, your last post to me was some crazy idea that the missing people were season ticket holders who didn't show. As if they refunded their tickets or something...

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
two things:

1) at the freaking 50?
2) Don't visiting teams HAVE to buy them up? .. so they ARE sold.

-keep

Those seats are on the 50, but 70 rows up. Not exactly the best seats in the house. However, I don't think those seats are alloted to the visiting team.

No, the visiting teams don't have to buy them. I can see Purdue sending a whole lot back to Iowa. Driving from West Lafayette to watch a bad Purdue team, in miserable weather doesn't sound like my idea of a good time. I got my seats for the Syracuse game last year thru the Syracuse ticket office, they had scads of them.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Is it a sellout?

Seriously man, you're grasping at straws here.

And again, your last post to me was some crazy idea that the missing people were season ticket holders who didn't show. As if they refunded their tickets or something...

Do you really think that doesn't happen? How many fans would know to call the visiting team to see if they have any left? If Iowa gives 4K tickets to whoever, and they only buy 1/2, that isn't on Iowa. I'm not debating whether or not they were sold - they weren't.

Last edited:

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale

unsold = sellout

Make sense after some liqour and hard drugs I imagine. THH is dangerously close to challenging the still unbelievable "15-13 is dead even" doozy.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
Guys, guys...this "debate" is pointless, I have the answer right here!

"Iowa announced its 36th Kinnick Stadium sellout in a row last Saturday..."

End of story! Just trust me on this one. :biggrin:

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
I had to do the same thing to prove there was in fact a cover-up. I will do the same here. The following is the Webster’s dictionary definition of a sell-out:
  • the act or an instance of selling out
  • something sold out ; especially : something (as a concert or contest) for which all tickets are sold
  • one who sells out
The use of the word sellout in this case is -- for which all tickets are sold. All tickets were not sold; therefore, the games were not sellouts. End thread.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006

Look at the title of the thread.... :wink:

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
Those seats are on the 50, but 70 rows up. Not exactly the best seats in the house. However, I don't think those seats are alloted to the visiting team.

No, the visiting teams don't have to buy them. I can see Purdue sending a whole lot back to Iowa. Driving from West Lafayette to watch a bad Purdue team, in miserable weather doesn't sound like my idea of a good time. I got my seats for the Syracuse game last year thru the Syracuse ticket office, they had scads of them.

He is correct. Kinnick has 79 rows and certain sections of rows 70-79 are for the visitors.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006

Since CH took his ball and went home .... what is your opinion on the number of seats UNSOLD needed to break the 'streak'.

-keep

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
Since CH took his ball and went home .... what is your opinion on the number of seats UNSOLD needed to break the 'streak'.

-keep

Obviously any unsold tickets would break the streak. It's not a sell-out if you don't sell all the tickets silly.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Obviously any unsold tickets would break the streak. It's not a sell-out if you don't sell all the tickets silly.

I'm giving even more credit than that. If you have a handful of singles, I can see calling it a sellout. But you're talking hundreds, not thousand(s).

The largest unsold number on that list was something like 3% of capacity.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Have you ever sat up there? It sucks, and is really gonna suck this weekend with the wind. Bring the binoculars and a flask.

Don't doubt it.

I've been in Kinnick plenty. I grew up a hawk fans through H.S.

I just find it hard to believe that any visitor section is on the 50, regardless of how high. In fact, the few times I've been there for ISU games have been lower corners and EZ.

What I'm more curious about is where these obstructed views are. I've had plenty of crappy seats there, but nothing "obstructed"

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
On a serious note, this whole discussion is pretty ridiculous. Lots of teams, college and pro, do this. If ISU could consistenly draw something closer to max capacity I'm sure they'd do it too.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Don't doubt it.

I've been in Kinnick plenty. I grew up a hawk fans through H.S.

I just find it hard to believe that any visitor section is on the 50, regardless of how high. In fact, the few times I've been there for ISU games have been lower corners and EZ.

What I'm more curious about is where these obstructed views are. I've had plenty of crappy seats there, but nothing "obstructed"

Maybe the the 1st 4-5 rows behind the benches , with the players being the obsructions? Thats the only thing I can think of, and thats pretty thin. When I see "obstructed view" I think of having a pillar in front of my seat, and Kinnick doesn't have any pillars.