BYU to the Big 12?

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
In a typical year, I'm skiing by Thanksgiving, sometimes sooner. I'm giving you the invite now...mark it down, if we join the B12, and ISU comes into town, I will take you to Snowbird for a day in ski heaven...my treat. I'm being serious too. I'll also give each person $1000. That goes for any of you guys

I'll quote this, so he can't delete it later. :smile:

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
In a typical year, I'm skiing by Thanksgiving, sometimes sooner. I'm giving you the invite now...mark it down, if we join the B12, and ISU comes into town, I will take you to Snowbird for a day in ski heaven...my treat. I'm being serious too. That goes for any of you guys

Can I get a season pass? :yes:

bholley80

Sep 29, 2011
Provo, Utah
bholley80:

You guys think it'll be weird to have the team go to Baylor? You guys know they pray on the address system before the Football and BB games.

I don't know if you're okay with Baptists or not.

That's funny cause we do too. I love watching the opposing fans looking at each other like " is this for real?" Or my co-worker, who I took to a game( who isnt mormon) busts out right in the middle of the prayer, " ...dude what the hell is going on,..is that guy praying,?" It was pretty funny. I think it will be 2nd nature for Traveling BYU fans in a "pray before the game" atmosphere

bholley80

Sep 29, 2011
Provo, Utah
I hope BYU gets in the Big12. It looks like a good place to travel to. bholley80, when do the ski slopes open up around Salt Lake City? Still during football season, or would we need to wait for an away basketball game?

I will vouch foy BYU's Stadium and Backdrop. I dont really know how to say this without sounding like too big of a dork, but when your at the stadium, it is pretty easy to get wrapped up in how pretty of an area it is located in. Esp. in the fall, when the leaves are changing. Its worth a visit at least once for sure

PolyCougar

Sep 30, 2011
BYU fan here... diggin your board, and really you should know plenty about the Mormons, you already had one of Utah's favorite sons tear it up for your Wrestling team (Cael Sanderson, 159-0, and a Mormon, from Heber Utah). I hope this is true with BYU in the Big 12, I'm digging you guys.

And if your wondering about the drinking, there is a new 3 story bar being built in downtown Provo as we speak, that you can enjoy. Consultants came through the town to help with tourism and the first thing they asked was "where's the alcohol", and liquor licenses have been thrown all over ever since.

I've been to Iowa twice, once as a white-shirt and tie wearing missionary in Keokuk, and another for work in Des Moines. Would love to check it out more. Plus, when you get here you can get a taste of the Polynesian culture in Utah (my people) what we lack in the black population, we make up for with 6'4" 300 pound Tongans and Samoans (BYU's secret to football all these years). We're the ones with all the funny last names in the NFL if your curious.

If you wanna bike and hike the mountains and the redrocks of Moab, then come for football. If you wanna ski "The best snow on earth" (according to our travel guide), I'll see you in basketball season. So many BYU fans want to make this happen, it's ridiculous. Also, if you want the crazy BYU fans go to Cougarboard, you want the more level headed try Cougaruteforum. We've already got Jayhawk and Longhorn fans fighting on it.

And I've got one wife... and can barely handle that, why would I want more... thank heavens you get kicked out of the church for practicing that nowadays.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
The offer is for ISU fans OUTSIDE of Salt Lake :)

What you doing in Salt Lake man? Work?

Working, but wife and I were looking for some mountains and outdoor rec opportunities. Only been here 4 months though, so haven't had a chance to hit the slopes yet :smile:

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
BYU fan here... diggin your board, and really you should know plenty about the Mormons, you already had one of Utah's favorite sons tear it up for your Wrestling team (Cael Sanderson, 159-0, and a Mormon, from Heber Utah). I hope this is true with BYU in the Big 12, I'm digging you guys.

You BYU guys seem pretty legit. Would love to have you in our conference. I'd definitely make it out to Provo for that.

bholley80

Sep 29, 2011
Provo, Utah
Working, but wife and I were looking for some mountains and outdoor rec opportunities. Only been here 4 months though, so haven't had a chance to hit the slopes yet :smile:

in that case, for sure man...let's hit the slopes. You miss home, or is SLC treating you ok?

MoJoRisin

Sep 29, 2011
rise_up_1024x768.jpg

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Would love to check it out more. Plus, when you get here you can get a taste of the Polynesian culture in Utah (my people) what we lack in the black population, we make up for with 6'4" 300 pound Tongans and Samoans (BYU's secret to football all these years). We're the ones with all the funny last names in the NFL if your curious.

Ohh, Polynesian...I saw PolyCougar and thought Polygamy....had me worried for a bit that it was going down hill.

I didn't realize that there was a Polynesian angle to BYU....this sounds better and better....seriously, between Polynesia and Iowa...can you imagine the roast pork possibilities!?!?!?

Sorry, geeked out a little bit there on the BBQ/pork thing.

PolyCougar

Sep 30, 2011
Ohh, Polynesian...I saw PolyCougar and thought Polygamy....had me worried for a bit that it was going down hill.

I didn't realize that there was a Polynesian angle to BYU....this sounds better and better....seriously, between Polynesia and Iowa...can you imagine the roast pork possibilities!?!?!?

Sorry, geeked out a little bit there on the BBQ/pork thing.

Yeah man, most of the Polynesian community in the United States is located in Utah and California... the Poly's have played a HUGE role in the success of BYU, Utah, Oregon, and USC, if anything you might end up with some brown players from Utah with 8 syllable names if Utah is opened for your recruiting... and you best believe we know how to roast some pig out here... that's what we do.

And I don't think I should do it, but I can't believe you guys aren't putting up pictures that reflect some of my favorite Utah Mormons... our women... so I'll help work on this Mormon stereotype... starting with Julianne Hough, who loves Ryan Secrest... and America (we're famous for being extremely patriotic)...
JULIANNE_HOUGH_1.jpg

Eliza Dushku and her Church Hymn tattoo...
Eliza+Dushku+%252834%2529.jpg

And Jimmers girlfriend, the BYU cheerleader... I'm happy for Jimmer...
2957052158_7dac730529.jpg

Actress wise there's still Katherine Heigl, Amy Adams, AJ Cook, Chelsi Hightower, etc... and in Provo you pretty much get a whole city full of this... that's why people say BYU has some of the most beautiful women in the country. Just working down the stereotype for you guys, especially when people show pictures of that crazy Polygamist group in Texas and call them Mormons, I just wanna fix that thought really fast... and if this BYU/Big 12 thing works out, you'll see it when you get here.

There's just one little catch:
I-can-t--I-m-mormon-momon+1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JP4CY

fatkid1974

Apr 3, 2010
van down by the river
Whats the deal with mormon "soaking" polycougar? Don't act like you don't know what it is. Thats the kind of stuff that makes mormons crazy IMO. I lived in SLC for 2 months, couldn't get over how my kids were treated for not being mormon in school. Talk about discrimination, I'd rather be a black gay jew in Texas than a christian in SLC.