Caleb Grill's status unknown for Tuesday vs. Kansas State

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Great teams should be able to adjust to losing a starter. Losing two is when it gets a lot of tougher. We'll need everyone to step up and defend a little harder, rebound a little harder, and work a little harder to get the right shots too.

Which you saw on Saturday with Tamin being in foul trouble. We didn’t “lose” him but we were playing down two starters for large chunks of that game.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Let’s hope the refs don‘t call 2 early fouls on anyone especially our guards if Grill can’t play

• Winner
Reactions: Gunnerclone

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011
Ok, I agree if that's the case. How do we know he'll be healthy again this year? This could be a thing that lingers all season.
Id be more worried about this if we hadn't recovered so well from missing Jaz. Tj made adjustments.

He did the same when our starting pg tore his acl.

Clearly, much higher ceiling with grill, but I still have faith in this team without him

ComCY

Oct 31, 2016
I think we can still win, but any hopes of it being non-nailbiting are gone. It'll have to be an ugly gritty nasty performance.

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
This is why teams have the "needle". Take the needle, play the games, rest in the off season.
Yeah. I actually think it's better with a back strain to take a couple of Advil and do active things. That's the only way to loosen it up which speeds the healing.

I wouldn't count CG out just yet for tomorrow.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Texas fans hearing Grill is out due to injury...
e99d05b9-6e4a-4082-8149-26f2e2be1532_text.gif

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
We can never have nice things. My enthusiasm for this seaosn us quickly fading. We won't win many games without him.
Lol, right on cue, team is in the Top 10 and on the 2 seed line right now. It's pretty obvious watching our games we are one of the best 10-15 teams in college basktball.

But you're completely right, at this point in the season I shoukd be begging for an 8-10 record and a 10 seed in Sacramento because that's what I would have taken 3 months ago.
Man you live in a glass case of emotion don't you? Just take a deep breath.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Get an ultrasound treatment. A little Acupuncture. Maybe a cortisone shot. Or just jack him up on pain killers. It worked for Jim McMahon on MNF against the Vikings. :D

Reactions: CRcyclone6

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
If it is a pulled back muscle then he could be a out a bit...

If it is back spasms u can remedy that during games to alleviate pain..

Either way...it is not good. Down 2 starters and our ability to spread the floor significantly diminished..

Sit grill vs KSU and Mizzou (this game means nothing in scheme of conference)

Maybe even sit him vs TT as that is one we could win without him maybe.

That would give Caleb a good 10 days+ to rest up.
Does Eli king get minutes tomorrow?

• Haha
Reactions: Gunnerclone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Does Eli king get minutes tomorrow?
Doubtful unless we’re in bad positions with fouls.

Idk I’m gonna be optimistic actually and say that Grill goes tomorrow. I’m watching the replay and he was ginger but I don’t think he re-injured anything. Who knows maybe we sit him out of caution but I think he’d play if it was up to him.

Also, this ******* game. Lol when we were up 12 I think they went 5-6 from the floor with 5 threes and 4 of them were contested bad shots. Im not making excuses by any means because props to them for making those and for banking in 2 threes that would’ve prevented an impending route.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron