Cam Lard

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Lard was such a good athlete that I always felt he could get 8-ish points per game just by running the floor hard every time. He definitely played hard at times. Just not consistently enough.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Lard as a freshman was an elite offensive rebounder. Usually guys with that skill aren’t guys where you have to question their effort but he really fell out of favor with the previous staff.

Repeating but him and Wigginton that first year had some ying/yang stuff going that was very dominant.

High level potential was absolutely there.

Reactions: Letterkenny

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I was trying to find what his probation is for as apparently the charges against him during the riots we're dropped so must have received that for some other legal issue.

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
Everything posted on here is by law public record.

And nobody has said anything derogatory about Cameron.

We were mostly reminiscing about the outstanding flashes of talent he displayed during his tenure in Ames and lamenting how this has become a cautionary tale. Everybody feels bad for him.
It's not about it being a public record. It's about having some empathy for a fellow human being. Just ask yourself if you would want people posting and talking about your mistakes or criminal record? That's the question you should ask yourself before posting about him, and I suspect for most on here the answer to that question would be "no." That's the test I'd hope one would apply before deciding whether or not to post.

Also, this is directed @CoachHines3, as he was the one who posted it.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
It's not about it being a public record. It's about having some empathy for a fellow human being. Just ask yourself if you would want people posting and talking about your mistakes or criminal record? That's the question you should ask yourself before posting about him, and I suspect for most on here the answer to that question would be "no." That's the test I'd hope one would apply before deciding whether or not to post.

Cameron has more important things to worry about than chuckleheads like us on a sports message board talking about when he used to play college basketball.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Met Lard randomly in Cedar Falls a few years ago, was super pleasant to talk to. Then randomly ran into him again a few days later and he came up and remembered my name and had another good convo. Hope he can get things turned around

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls

Jfc not everyone is a ******* snowflake. I would doubt Cam Lard gives 2 ***** about this thread

vacyclone

Nov 17, 2012
Living in Virginia, I'm not able to attend many games, but I took the opportunity to go to the Myrtle Beach preseason tournament with my then-4-year-old daughter. At the end of one of the games (all wins in case you don't remember), we made our way to where the team was coming off the court and my daughter held out her hand for a high-five. She was obviously small and we were a bit out of the way, so almost everyone walked or jogged right by. Everyone except Cam Lard. He came over and slapped her hand, said something like "Go Cyclones" or similar, and smiled. I don't think she remembers it anymore, but I always rooted for him a little harder after that day.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Wilt Chamberlain was the best rebounder in NBA history.

Drop the recency bias.

Wilt has career numbers but his rebounding % isn't even in the top 25 of the league all-time. He's not even on the list for the top 250 of all-time for rebounding %! He just played a million seasons and a billion minutes. Rodman is #2 with a much shorter career (after journeyman Andre Drummond of all people).

Last edited:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Living in Virginia, I'm not able to attend many games, but I took the opportunity to go to the Myrtle Beach preseason tournament with my then-4-year-old daughter. At the end of one of the games (all wins in case you don't remember), we made our way to where the team was coming off the court and my daughter held out her hand for a high-five. She was obviously small and we were a bit out of the way, so almost everyone walked or jogged right by. Everyone except Cam Lard. He came over and slapped her hand, said something like "Go Cyclones" or similar, and smiled. I don't think she remembers it anymore, but I always rooted for him a little harder after that day.

Went to that tourney. It was a good time. Small gym great seats. I thought we had something that yr, but not so much. If I remember right.