Campustown Bars: Where Should CW & Blum Go?

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Central Iowa
I didn't see another thread to discuss the question from today's pod on where they should go when they invade Campustown on Friday night. They'd really like current ISU students feedback on how they'd feel about ~40(?) year old guys at different campus town bars.

As a near contemporary of them, it sounds like a bad idea other than Cafe B, but that's just me. I did have a chuckle about CW's story about feeling awkward about being a bar with the WBB team from a few years ago.

CC @ChrisMWilliams & @brentblum

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
I didn't see another thread to discuss the question from today's pod on where they should go when they invade Campustown on Friday night. They'd really like current ISU students feedback on how they'd feel about ~40(?) year old guys at different campus town bars.

As a near contemporary of them, it sounds like a bad idea other than Cafe B, but that's just me. I did have a chuckle about CW's story about feeling awkward about being a bar with the WBB team from a few years ago.

CC @ChrisMWilliams & @brentblum
Thanks for the help! And to be fair, CW is the only one that actually looks near 40 here.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Start at Welch Ave, some space and ability to hear each other over a pitcher and some food to get a base for the night. Then you head on over to Cafe B- time for a Long Island to get the night started quickly. Off to Paddy’s for a good chunk of the night until you want some fresh air on Cy’s patio. It is here the crowd persuades you to test your dance skills at Sips until last call. By this time your frontal lobe will be altered and decide to head over to Dangerous Curves until someone’s wife calls or storms in the door.

Last edited:

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
sips?

is it still a thing below paddys?

sips o'clock

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
really?! mickeys still got $1 tallboys at FAC? fajita man mark still slinging them? super dogs?
Is FAC still a thing? When I was there (2006-10), Sgt Peppers was about the only place with a crowd, and it was terrible keg beer, 90% dudes, and a dangerously slick floor. Seemed like FAC was a thing of the past unfortunately.

I've been to Es Tas somewhat recently and didn't feel out of place. I don't think I could handle Paddy's, Cy's, Mickey's, or any other place with a ****** college bar feel. WAS would probably be fine.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron