Car chase and shots fired

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
Was in class in Cutriss Hall when it went down. I was thinking that the sirens were pretty loud for there not being a main street near Curtiss, then they kept getting louder, and before I knew it I distinctly hear 3 gunshots. Looked out toward central campus to see a large amount of people running the opposite direction.

I can't imagine what would've happened if it all went down 10-15 minutes later. He could have seriously injured/killed many people.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Was in class in Cutriss Hall when it went down. I was thinking that the sirens were pretty loud for there not being a main street near Curtiss, then they kept getting louder, and before I knew it I distinctly hear 3 gunshots. Looked out toward central campus to see a large amount of people running the opposite direction.

I can't imagine what would've happened if it all went down 10-15 minutes later. He could have seriously injured/killed many people.

Glad everyone OK. From pictures on news it looked pretty close to Curtiss. Not sure why the cop was saying it was an area students aren't around that much.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Glad everyone OK. From pictures on news it looked pretty close to Curtiss. Not sure why the cop was saying it was an area students aren't around that much.

Because it wasn't that close to Curtis. Green is where it was (roughly)

QSCP3dx.jpg

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
there still could have been someone around that area, openig fire on campus should be a last resort (hopefully that was the case here and the cop wasn't just trigger-happy)

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland

It was just south of MacKay hall. I have no idea what that cop was talking about. And judging by where his trailer is, he swung my MWL, then made his way onto campus right by Ross Hall until he was finally stopped south of MacKay. Definitely an area where there are a lot of students. Of course, he might have just meant that at the time (while class was going on) there weren't many there.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
It was just south of MacKay hall. I have no idea what that cop was talking about. And judging by where his trailer is, he swung my MWL, then made his way onto campus right by Ross Hall until he was finally stopped south of MacKay. Definitely an area where there are a lot of students. Of course, he might have just meant that at the time (while class was going on) there weren't many there.

Cop said both that it was during class and that it was an area students didn't walk through much. My kid was asking since he would be going Lebaron to Morrill. From the looks of it, that would be iffy if it happened between classes. I know when I was a student I cut across the grass all the time on central campus, faster than getting behind a bunch of people and also a more direct path. Been scary last few days, had a kid at LAX too.

Last edited:

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Cop said both that it was during class and that it was an area students didn't walk through much. My kid was asking since he would be going Lebaron to Morrill. From the looks of it, that would be iffy if it happened between classes. I know when I was a student I cut across the grass all the time on central campus, faster than getting behind a bunch of people and also a more direct flight a lot. Been scary last few days, had a kid at LAX too.

sounds like you've met your "scared mom moments" quota for the year.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
No matter how well police handle a situation, they will almost always be second guessed. I say job well done. They put their lives on the line to protect us and sometimes split-second decisions have to be made.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
No matter how well police handle a situation, they will almost always be second guessed. I say job well done. They put their lives on the line to protect us and sometimes split-second decisions have to be made.

Couldn't agree more. No criticism here. We're lucky to have them, and they did a fantastic job of responding to the issue. Now ISU Alert on the other hand... I did get an alert, an hour after everything happened. Twitter was definitely the go-to source when everything was happening.