CF is getting its own beer

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
If the goal is to have a beer that tastes like a sweaty butthole, then you should go with an IPA

I'd have never guessed that sweaty buttholes smell or taste like pine needles and onions. I mean, I kind of get the onion part but the pine needles? Who eats those? Same people who drink IPAs, I guess.

I bet these guys are sucking down a Bud Light Lime right now.:rolleyes:

Reactions: YeahBuddy

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
Glad to hear Barntown is the brewery involved. Have only had their beer once, but I was very impressed with their NEIPA's and have heard good things about their other beers. I personally like the bitter, hoppy style beers, but would support whatever they come up with.

clones2005

Jan 14, 2017
A milk stout or chocolate shake style porter would be pretty awesome. Though, those are a little tougher to tie into a Cyclone theme.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Seriously. Brewery in town is going to let CF users create their own beer for football season.

Details coming.

What do you guys want?

Sure hope it is a Confluence beer. I will give any Iowa brew a chance but I have yet to have a beer they released that disappointed me.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Grow a pair, bloody beer just like the old man used to drink!! A good crisp lager or an earthy flavored October fest beer that sticks at 5.5 abv. I like IPA’s, so we who do can mix in those with the Cyclone power brew with lightning bolts on the can!!

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
I prefer confluence to do it, if it’s not Alluvial from Ames, confluence brews solid beers especially fall style brews.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Don't try to be too cool and please the beer snobs. They rank up there with all of the amazingly annoying people in the world.

KISS...keep it simple stupid. Do a lighter lager or pilsner. They are easy to drink, they would be perfect for a tailgate, and it would sell. Get fancy with a beer that is in the 6% range and you'll have a bunch of beer sitting in the refrigerator. Have the alcohol content in the 4% range and it would fly off the shelves and in our fat bellies.

Know your audience. There is a reason there is an Iowa State website called Wide Right and Natty Light.

The "Natty Light" is a reference to this:
DVIoQZnVoAAKPL7.jpg

Trust me, I came up with the name.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
One of my favorite beers right now is Budweisers Freedom. I'm not a big Bud guy, but this beer, inspired by George Washington's brew, is phu ******* nominal.

So we need to have a brew inspired by one of the founders of Iowa State athletics.

George Washington Carver's Peanut Butter Porter.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I always assumed it was in reference to Tony Yelk's "missed" field goal vs Alabama.

It was all of them. Yelk vs Alabama, the **** show at the start of the 2004 season, Culbertson missing every kick that actually mattered, etc.

Each half of the name represented the heart break of ISU's revenue sports circa 2010. Basketball was still reeling from the Eustachy fallout, and the missed opportunities of the late McCarney era were still fresh in people's minds.

Reactions: flynnhicks03