CFP Championship - Frawgs vs Dawgs

Who wins and by how much?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
They like the "1" in their record. IMO, that's not looking very deep though especially with that woof of an OOC schedule.

Personally, based on the 0-2 by the B1G and the TCU blowout loss, I would have no issue with the Final Top 8 Final being:

01. Georgia (15-0) (SEC Champion with super powers)
02. Tennessee (11-2) (beat ACC Champion and Alabama)
03. Alabama (11-2) (beat Big Xii Champion)
04. TCU (13-2) (beat B1G Champion and somebody had to be slapped by UGA)
05. Michigan (13-1) (B1G Champion and beat Ohio State and Penn State)
06. Ohio State (11-2) (beat Penn State)
07. Penn State (11-2) (beat Pac Champion)
08. Tulane (12-2) (AAC and Cotton Bowl Champion)

I have no issue with the SEC teams over TCU, but the Frogs should be ahead of all of the B1G (0-2) teams and Penn State.

After that, I don't GAF.
I like your 8 overall, but I'd go:

1. Georgia
2. Ohio St.
3. Bama
4. TCU
5. Michigan
6. Tennessee
7. Penn St.
8. Tulane

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I think the 4 team format worked this year. The 4 teams in were the most deserving, and the best team won.

Who do you think would have come out of a 12 te this year to give UGA a game in the final? I know OSU took them to the wire, but UGA played really poorly in that game. I think UGA was fully capable of blowing out OSU as well. I mean if Michigan can throttle them in Columbus, Georgia can pound them at a neutral site.
I don't believe TCU was better than K-State at the season's end. Alabama would have coasted through most of the field, e.g. boat-racing EMAW. The two best teams didn't play in the championship. They earned it, but they were not the best two teams in the country. A 12-team playoff would have sorted all that out though. That's my point.

College Football Playoff​

First round​

Game 1: (9) Kansas State at (8) Tennessee
Game 2: (12) Tulane at (5) TCU
Game 3: (10) USC at (7) Alabama
Game 4: (11) Penn State at (6) Ohio State

Quarterfinals​

Game 5: (1) Georgia vs. Game 1 winner
Game 6: (4) Utah vs. Game 2 winner

Game 7: (2) Michigan vs. Game 3 winner
Game 8: (3) Clemson vs. Game 4 winner

• Informative
Reactions: quasistellar

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I like your 8 overall, but I'd go:

1. Georgia
2. Ohio St.
3. Bama
4. TCU
5. Michigan
6. Tennessee
7. Penn St.
8. Tulane

I watched Michigan play Ohio State last month. Not sure how you have Ohio State at two.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I watched Michigan play Ohio State last month. Not sure how you have Ohio State at two.
I have Ohio St. #2 because the semis showed IMO that they and Georgia were the two best teams in the country. Ohio St. led almost the entire game, twice up by 2 TDs, and only lost because of a missed FG. I have Alabama #3 because they had two losses to non-playoff teams and didn't play Georgia, which likely would've given them a third loss on the season.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I have Ohio St. #2 because the semis showed IMO that they and Georgia were the two best teams in the country. Ohio St. led almost the entire game, twice up by 2 TDs, and only lost because of a missed FG. I have Alabama #3 because they had two losses to non-playoff teams and didn't play Georgia, which likely would've given them a third loss on the season.

Missouri almost beat Georgia. Should they be ranked 2?

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Missouri was 6-7. Who do you think should be #2?

Not Ohio State. Probably Bama. Maybe stay with TCU. They did beat Michigan after all, (who spanked Ohio State). I was never really impressed with Ohio State all year. I actually thought Georgia played rather poorly in the semifinal game. They play the way they did against TCU and they probably beat OSU by 30 plus. OSU also struggled at home to beat Notre Dame, who lost to Marshall the next week.

I would probably go

Georgia
Bama
TCU
Michigan

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Not Ohio State. Probably Bama. Maybe stay with TCU. They did beat Michigan after all, (who spanked Ohio State). I was never really impressed with Ohio State all year. I actually thought Georgia played rather poorly in the semifinal game. They play the way they did against TCU and they probably beat OSU by 30 plus. OSU also struggled at home to beat Notre Dame, who lost to Marshall the next week.

I would probably go

Georgia
Bama
TCU
Michigan
Yep we'll just agree to disagree. Lol.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
So, after looking at the final A.P. Rankings, I am happy that TCU finished #02. That tells me that they didn't hold the blowout against TCU as much as they just know how good UGA was. There are a few coaches glad they were not on the wrong end of that assault!

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
They also beat Alabama AND Clemson this year.
Yep and the year before they were 7-5. They were a good team this year but you need more then one year to be in the same category as the other three. With the talent they are bringing in they could certainly get close but as we know with texas and Miami coaching plays a major role.