CFP Championship - Frawgs vs Dawgs

Who wins and by how much?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
TCU takes on Georgia Monday night at So-Fi stadium for the CFP championship, and I am really pumped for it:

This will be the first time a Big 12 team has made it to the title game. Georgia is favored, but so was Michigan. Do you think they can defeat the SEC champs and bring the hardware home to Fort Worth?

Here is some in depth analysis from our good buddies at Bet Us TV:

Frawgz vs Dawgz. proper American.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
This CFP screams for a 12-team playoff. TCU and tOSU finished second in their leagues, while conference champions were left out as was the best G5 squad, Tulane. Bama and Tennessee would have been huge in this format.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Good point. I may be wrong on the details, but seems to me the 12-team playoff entails:

*Top 6 conference champions
*Next 6 highest-ranked teams
*Top 4 conference champions get a first-round bye

Which means if it were in place this year we’d have had:

Georgia (bye, 1 seed)
Michigan (bye, 2)
Clemson (bye, 7)
Utah (bye, 8)

First round:
Tulane (16 rank, 12 seed) at TCU (3)
Penn State (11) at Ohio State (4)
USC (10) at Alabama (5)
Kansas State (9) at Tennessee (6)

Yeah, that’d be pretty fun.

(Guess I’m not sure if they adjust the seeding after the first round, or if the bye teams all get the 1-4 seeds even if they’re ranked outside the top 4 … but that hardly matters, this would be a heck of a playoff.)

Reactions: surly

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Good point. I may be wrong on the details, but seems to me the 12-team playoff entails:

*Top 6 conference champions
*Next 6 highest-ranked teams
*Top 4 conference champions get a first-round bye

Which means if it were in place this year we’d have had:

Georgia (bye, 1 seed)
Michigan (bye, 2)
Clemson (bye, 7)
Utah (bye, 8)

First round:
Tulane (16 rank, 12 seed) at TCU (3)
Penn State (11) at Ohio State (4)
USC (10) at Alabama (5)
Kansas State (9) at Tennessee (6)

Yeah, that’d be pretty fun.
If those were the first round games I would take each home team by double digits aside from maybe TCU as the Tulane rushing attack would be interesting. The other three home sides would dominate.

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
30 Minutes remaining to vote in the Poll! If you are still on the fence, here is the Heartland College Sports podcast including a prediction:

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
I predict either TCU wins by one possession(what I bet on) or Georgia wins by a large margin, at least 21 points. No in betweeen.

isuclone89

Oct 23, 2007
Medical Lake, WA
This CFP screams for a 12-team playoff. TCU and tOSU finished second in their leagues, while conference champions were left out as was the best G5 squad, Tulane. Bama and Tennessee would have been huge in this format.
Lol no they both didn't finish second. Ohio State didn't make the conference championship game. They only finished second in their division.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Lol no they both didn't finish second. Ohio State didn't make the conference championship game. They only finished second in their division.
A team can be second in their division but second in the conference too. Purdue did not have as good of a conference record as Ohio State. They just happened to be lucky to be on the left side of the B1G Geography Map.

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
The bookmakers are rooting for a Georgia win/cover - I've seen a few posting that TCU has been a popular public choice and that is where their liability is tonight.

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
ESPN3 will carry the game with multiple options, including:

• A wide view of the field with audio from the ESPN broadcast team:
  • A split screen with stats, the ESPN video, and audio from the TCU radio team:

Last edited:

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This game is actually at 6:30 pm CST?

That's a nice change.

It's because it's college football, not the NFL. If it were an NFL game, they could start it at 7:30 pm CST since their games are 3 hours long instead of nearly 4.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
GO TCU!!!

I think Georgia will win.... but I want TCU to win so bad!!! F the SEC and all the Big 12 haters!

Reactions: Lexclone