Chicago Fake Tickets

dmdom

Oct 28, 2014
Be very careful of some tickets on Craigslist. I almost drove to Chicago today to purchase tickets. Long story short, I pressed Paul to send me a picture of the tickets. They very the same section as advertised but in a different row. I have looked at countless tickets on line, but these looked/sounded familiar. Sure enough exact same tickets listed by Ed in another ad. Different price different seller. Upon looking more in depth came across another add, Chris with the exact same verbaige as Ed, different seats though. I am suspect of another 5 or 6 add of similar seats, prices wording. Be wary of adds with lowers in the $250-300 range, most adds same to email them and they will call you. ASK for photos. Search chicago fake tickets for some interesting articles.
DISCLAIMER: There is a chance I am completely wrong about this and these are all coincidences. Make your own decisions.

Attachments

• att_1458484737357178.jpeg
    att_1458484737357178.jpeg
    35.7 KB · Views: 313
Reactions: BoxsterCy

ISU2

Jun 21, 2013
Not sure why people are looking to craigslist for tickets in Chicago...that just asking for trouble. Stick to stub hub or if you want to risk it try and scalp some.

dmdom

Oct 28, 2014
I would just stick to stubhub
There are some real deals to be had there despite the fakes. I got 2 seats in section 114 for both days. Young couple in Indiana who are MSU fans just wanted them gone. 99.9% they are legit. He bought them from NCAA, I have photos of tickets, his receipt, UPS package with tracking number. Verified who they are through Facebook and Linkedin. If the tickets are not legit they went through 10+ years of work to pull off a scam.:smile:

Last edited:

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Vividseats OK?

I used them for 2014 World Series Tix and they are the official ticket exchange for multiple big D1 schools. They are legit. They have high fees that you don't see until you are in the check out process, but you will see the total before you pay. They have good prices sometimes.

CloneDontCare

Jul 27, 2009
I live in Chicago and met a guy off Craiglist feeling 75% the tickets were going to be fake.

He shows them to me, I instantly see the hack print job with words too blurry to even read, threw the tickets in face, called him a piece of **** and then bought off Stubhub.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
There are some real deals to be had there despite the fakes. I got 2 seats in section 114 for both days for $500 total. Young couple in Indiana who are MSU fans just wanted them gone. 99.9% they are legit. He bought them from NCAA, I have photos of tickets, his receipt, UPS package with tracking number. Verified who they are through Facebook and Linkedin. If the tickets are not legit they went through 10+ years of work to pull off a scam.:smile:

if they have friends looking to sell, let me know. Cripes that's a nice price for the whole weekend.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Also, I love Stubhub and have used them hundreds of times without incident, but there are literally thousands of "horror story" reviews online.

All of these companies will give you a refund, so will your credit card. There is always a chance that you might get shut out of an event. With Stubhub and Vivid the chance is very small, but it's always there.

Clones8686

Jan 19, 2015
I hate buying on stubhub - you can just never be 100% certain. I got tickets in Denver off of craigslist for about half the price they were going for on stubhub, but I texted back and forth with the guy and actually picked them up in the lobby of his apartment building (which required a card to get in) - so I was fairly confident the guy wasn't going to rip me off when I had his number and knew where he lived. Even with that there is always a slight tinge of doubt before the actually scan them at the arena.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
There are some real deals to be had there despite the fakes. I got 2 seats in section 114 for both days for $500 total. Young couple in Indiana who are MSU fans just wanted them gone. 99.9% they are legit. He bought them from NCAA, I have photos of tickets, his receipt, UPS package with tracking number. Verified who they are through Facebook and Linkedin. If the tickets are not legit they went through 10+ years of work to pull off a scam.:smile:

The Seinfeld episode with the Ma and Pa shoe store is all this makes me thing of...

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Also, I love Stubhub and have used them hundreds of times without incident, but there are literally thousands of "horror story" reviews online.

All of these companies will give you a refund, so will your credit card. There is always a chance that you might get shut out of an event. With Stubhub and Vivid the chance is very small, but it's always there.

This is true also. I have never really been burned bad by StubHub, but it is possible you will miss an event even if you get your money back. I still would stick with them and "legit" vendors.

I bought through StubHub and am pretty sure my tix are legit, but am wondering because there was no hologram on the tickets like last year at Omaha. Do all the tickets for the NCAA now have a hologram? They are the "pretty" tickets/not just Ticketmaster standard issue.

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
I buy many things on Craigslist but I dont think I would ever trust it for tickets. Too much of an investment with little to no time to recover before a game if it turns out to be a scam.

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
Also, Vivid Seats has been great for me when buying tickets. They are usually way lower priced than Stubhub or the other big boys.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
I got off craigslist for Denver. Saw the ad and emailed immediately. He called me back within a minute and found out we were ISU fans and we had a nice chat. When he found out we were still driving out he took $20 off each ticket and we were sitting in the wheelchair section upper level for $100/ticket and he gave us a parking pass in the media lot. We met at a sportsbar and he invited us to stay and have lunch with him. 50-ish year old KU fan that just wanted to talk ball and didnt want to miss their game to go to ours. Worked out great. I won't mention the 3 times someone tried to scam me during the week...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron