Christy's post-game presser

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Yea, I think that one gets filed easily under "It would be nice if we had the money, but we don't".

That being said, is there anything that could be done to make Hilton a better VB environment? (other than just getting more people in the door)

The Hilton one is a very good question. I'm no expert, but I'd think that's worth looking at.

Maybe play the siren?

Kitkat

Apr 10, 2009
Isn't soccer already being relocated along with the track and softball complex? I could be wrong, but I thought CyRide wanted to take over that land anyway.

Yes, sir, you are correct about the relocation on the land that is bordered by Mortensen, Ash, Welch Road, and Storm St.; the soccer stadium, as it is called, will also contain a track; this complex is for outdoor track, softball, and soccer. A small part in the western end is supposedly for intramurals, but there is not much room for much.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I believe as nice of a playing venue could be, it would be better to build a mirror of sukup and dedicate one have to vb and one to wrestling. To me the incremental "recruiting payback" on something like that would far outweigh the incremental value from the difference of playing in Hilton and playing in a 5000 seat Knapp Center type facility.

Agreed. Not that we necessarily have the money for either, but a dedicated practice facility makes much more sense than a whole separate arena. If we were going to spend money on an arena, itd be better to just sink it into hilton and make it better (the plan from a few years back to convert the inner concourse to suites and widen the outer concourse, for example)

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
Agreed. Not that we necessarily have the money for either, but a dedicated practice facility makes much more sense than a whole separate arena. If we were going to spend money on an arena, itd be better to just sink it into hilton and make it better (the plan from a few years back to convert the inner concourse to suites and widen the outer concourse, for example)

Possible to have a new "practice" facility with retractable seating? Could be used as the game day facility as well. Being retractable (at least lower seating) would mean the floor could be multi-purpose as well for whatever other needs could arise. Just spitballing.

EDIT: Just saw they had over 10k for a Nebraska match..with that many people "possible" doesn't really make sense for anywhere else besides Hilton IMO.

Last edited:

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Possible to have a new "practice" facility with retractable seating? Could be used as the game day facility as well. Being retractable (at least lower seating) would mean the floor could be multi-purpose as well for whatever other needs could arise. Just spitballing.

That's exactly what they already have. At Hilton.