Class Act - Darius Reynolds & Matt Taufoou

im4isu

Apr 11, 2007
New Haven
I have been visiting this site for about two years and finally feel compelled to post. During our post game tailgate (between CY and Hilton) we saw a couple of players presumably walking home. As they approached our tailgate I stopped them and thanked them for their effort on the field and for chosing Iowa State. I recognized Taufoou, but was not sure who the other player was. I introduced myself and they extended their hands and introduced themselves. When Money told me his name I said "hey your the Citys brother" they both laughed. They appologized for the games result and engaged in conversation for several minutes. These guys were more than gracious, I would have expected a few nods of the head, maybe a fist bump, and them looking for the first chance to ditch us. They stood like men, proud, respectful, and looked you in the eyes when they talked. It was more impressive than I can describe. Our kids wanted some pictures, and they put down their bags, took out thier ISU colors and put them on and posed for pictures with the kids. The Taufoou and Reynolds families have raised children to be proud of. If I can figure out how to post a picture we will put it up.

After feeling like I had been kicked square in the nuxx, these guys added a bright spot to the day. I'd prefer a win, but my guess is these guys would have too and for them to be that accomodating is a testament to the team and its character. Sorry for a long first post.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
I have been visiting this site for about two years and finally feel compelled to post. During our post game tailgate (between CY and Hilton) we saw a couple of players presumably walking home. As they approached our tailgate I stopped them and thanked them for their effort on the field and for chosing Iowa State. I recognized Taufoou, but was not sure who the other player was. I introduced myself and they extended their hands and introduced themselves. When Money told me his name I said "hey your the Citys brother" they both laughed. They appologized for the games result and engaged in conversation for several minutes. These guys were more than gracious, I would have expected a few nods of the head, maybe a fist bump, and them looking for the first chance to ditch us. They stood like men, proud, respectful, and looked you in the eyes when they talked. It was more impressive than I can describe. Our kids wanted some pictures, and they put down their bags, took out thier ISU colors and put them on and posed for pictures with the kids. The Taufoou and Reynolds families have raised children to be proud of. If I can figure out how to post a picture we will put it up.

After feeling like I had been kicked square in the nuxx, these guys added a bright spot to the day. I'd prefer a win, but my guess is these guys would have too and for them to be that accomodating is a testament to the team and its character. Sorry for a long first post.

Great post and thanks for sharing. This thread should be pinned.

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs

Nice first post and thanks for posting!

Z

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Very good to hear. I know I personally didn't want to be around anyone after that game. For a player to stop by and do that after that loss says a lot about their character.

im4isu

Apr 11, 2007
New Haven
Thanks for the comments. I'm 43 and tech. challenged. I don't know much about posting, pinning, or other messaging tricks. I was lost when I tried to register! Avatars, signautures, pictures....maybe i'll have my eleven year old help.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Thanks for the comments. I'm 43 and tech. challenged. I don't know much about posting, pinning, or other messaging tricks. I was lost when I tried to register! Avatars, signautures, pictures....maybe i'll have my eleven year old help.

Good info and stories trumps all that other 'stuff'. :yes:

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007
This needs some bump action, and maybe moved to Football for higher visibility. This is my first look at CF since the disaster and I must say it made my day.

wright4cy

Jan 15, 2007
Boone
One of the greatest things ,I personally love about being a cyclone ! Every player I have ment or even players familys are sooo great and they love being loved by all of us sooo much!!!Alot of great people !! thanks for posting:smile:

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007
I've met both Taufoou and Money, and both are phenomenal guys. Taufoou will talk your ear off if you let him! Both are polite, easy going, and great Cyclones.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Maybe the posters who don't like Reynolds could bother posting in this thread. Jokers.

Favorite new player by far. And I like the cut of this Taufoou lads jib.

MB4CY

Aug 29, 2009
Norwalk, IA
Props to the OP for posting this, to the players who have their heads on straight, and to the players' families, who helped raise these kids right.

All the players who still gave what they had yesterday in spite of the outcome don't have anything to apologize for. They have my respect.

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
I met Leonard Johnson walking around campus town last night. Seemed like a class act as well. More or less introduced himself. He seemed very relaxed and was just out to people watch. He mentioned he wasn't much of a drinker. I sighed a sigh of relief :cute:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron