Coach Knight' s Take on Calapari

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
He urged the NCAA to require tournament teams to submit eligibility reports, an effort to assure that players who are competing in postseason games have been attending classes and earning acceptable grades.

It's a proven fact that Calipari is a fraud and his programs are dirty. However, he wins too much for anything to really be done about it.

I definitely agree with what Coach Knight had to say about the NCAA tournament above.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Knight is spot on about Calapari.

Coaches should be sanctioned with loss of scholarships, wins etc, when violations are found, not the school. Coaches should also be fined (they make enough money).

I still think you punish the school, since they did have the offending coach on the payroll, but there should always be a personal sanction that follows the coach to his next stop.

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI
I still think you punish the school, since they did have the offending coach on the payroll, but there should always be a personal sanction that follows the coach to his next stop.

I can see how the school has some blame, but I think the majority is the coaches fault. And when the coach leaves (Sampson for instance) and the school still has the sanctions, that seems unfair to me. The coach gets away scott free.

The school is already embarrassed by the misconduct.

Fine the heck out of the coach, make the sanctions follow him.

Now I would be willing to listen to some punishment options for the athletic director! :wink:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I can see how the school has some blame, but I think the majority is the coaches fault. And when the coach leaves (Sampson for instance) and the school still has the sanctions, that seems unfair to me. The coach gets away scott free.

The school is already embarrassed by the misconduct.

Fine the heck out of the coach, make the sanctions follow him.

Now I would be willing to listen to some punishment options for the athletic director! :wink:

I'm OK with that last part already.
One reason I say punish the school is that they were paying the man. They're kind of a complicit accomplice in the deal. If you don't punish the school, they can just go hire another cheater, and go back to doing the same thing.

Punish the AD? I've got no problem with that.