Cold Brew by Northern Vessel

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Busy people? People that drank coffee before yetis and the like were ubiquitous? A lot of old people will heat their coffee back up in the microwave.

I read that as they still drink it after it's cooled off, not reheated

Still, I try not to let it get to that point. If I'm at the office and that happens I just go get a fresh cup

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
I read that as they still drink it after it's cooled off, not reheated

Still, I try not to let it get to that point. If I'm at the office and that happens I just go get a fresh cup
Same. But some people grew up in an era where they learned to never waste anything. My grandparents will microwave the same old cup 3-4 times before they'd ever dump a cup.

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: Cyched and NWICY

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Same. But some people grew up in an era where they learned to never waste anything. My grandparents will microwave the same old cup 3-4 times before they'd ever dump a cup.

My grandparents that were born and grew up in the 30s are/were the same way (especially dad's side that farmed)

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Maybe I'm missing something, but why does it need an added extract? I've had a lot of cold brew in the last 3-4 years, and I can't say an extract has ever been necessary.

Maybe something to do with keeping it tasting good after sitting in a can for who knows how long before being drank? No idea, but I'm glad they're switching it up.

• Agree
Reactions: MJ29 and BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Maybe something to do with keeping it tasting good after sitting in a can for who knows how long before being drank? No idea, but I'm glad they're switching it up.
I couldn’t even finish half a can it was so bad to me. I’ve had cold brew black coffee and it’s fine. I will try the chocolate. My biggest concern is that a few people drank that first stuff and thought it was good and now they are going to do a different flavor?

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
Chocolate definitely makes more sense than citrus, but I was really (selfishly) hoping this was going to be a grab and go option for those of us that like black coffee. There isn't much on the market in that area. Everything has flavor added.

• Agree
Reactions: cyguy9320

danielyp29

Jan 3, 2011
Ames
It looks like they might only have it locally for now, but I could check next time I'm in if they have plans on expanding the production. I wouldn't be surprised if they're going to wait to get enough feedback after how round 1 might have been a little rushed.

There was still some acidity to it, but it was much more muted compared to the prior version with the orange extract. I presume it has to do with the phosphoric acid required for the preserving required for the canning process. I wondered if they tried to lean into the acidity with the orange and went a little overboard.

danielyp29

Jan 3, 2011
Ames
Just thought I'd also add that I noticed their new cold brew just has their NV logo instead of the We Will. Maybe we @brentblum can chime in on if these still go to support NIL

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Just thought I'd also add that I noticed their new cold brew just has their NV logo instead of the We Will. Maybe we @brentblum can chime in on if these still go to support NIL
Not listed on the Collaborations page anymore either

Probably just a good experiment that didn't quite hit the mark.

We're a beer and pizza kind of fanbase, not that fancy cold brew haha

Reactions: danielyp29

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
They are going a little different direction in that they are going to support NIL by signing individual athlete ambassadors from Iowa State instead of the entire We Will brand. Great people there and hopefully Cyclones still support them. It just won’t directly benefit We Will at this time.