(Cole Bair) Mark Farley quote

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
It's not mandated. Like everything in life, it's a choice. You can show good sportsmanship, or you can be a d*ck.
Not mandated but preferred over being a tool and a prick like Farley always is.
So you’d prefer the stock regurgitated statement of “Give them credit, they were the better team today.” Lol.

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
I do find it ridiculous the best he could say was our defense was better than he thought. Talk about back handed compliment. Maybe I’m a jerk but if their budget is so bad maybe they should just drop to D2 in football

cyowa

Apr 18, 2006
Farley is a d bag. Go find a Vanderbilt or Northwestern or Purdue. They are cupcakes normally. Stop playing FCS schools and get more revenue and don’t pay them. Finances will rule in a few years. Well it does now but playing FBS will be demanded by TV partners to increase viewership for ad money!
THIS! Oh, so much this! Even New Mexico State would suffice!

Reactions: CYCLNST8

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
So you’d prefer the stock regurgitated statement of “Give them credit, they were the better team today.” Lol.

I'd prefer "Campbell is a way better coach than me, Iowa State is a way better program, they kicked our ass ass and showed that maybe Theo isn't as good as we thought when he plays some competition. At the end of the day this is simply an opportunity for our kids to actually play in a BIG TIME environment since we are a glorified high school program" - Mark Farley if he wasn't a hawk at heart and an ahole.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I had never heard of Theo day before yesterday, and doubt I ever will again. Farley is a prick, always has been.

• Agree
Reactions: casey1973

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I'd prefer "Campbell is a way better coach than me, Iowa State is a way better program, they kicked our ass ass and showed that maybe Theo isn't as good as we thought when he plays some competition. At the end of the day this is simply an opportunity for our kids to actually play in a BIG TIME environment since we are a glorified high school program" - Mark Farley if he wasn't a hawk at heart and an ahole.
Please tell me you’re not serious. Judas Priest.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
And you'd prefer he be a d*ck rather than showing some class. Lol.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
You are wrong
Yes because saying something is better than expected is the same as saying something is worse than expected. “They were even better than I expected” = “Your sister is even uglier than I expected.” Makes perfect sense.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
As I said yesterday, the "maybe they are better than we thought they were" part was in direct response to question about our defense. That's why I find it irritating. If he said that about our offense, fine. But our defense? We have been an elite defense for years. Farley should have known we had a good defense.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
As I said yesterday, the "maybe they are better than we thought they were" part was in direct response to question about our defense. That's why I find it irritating. If he said that about our offense, fine. But our defense? We have been an elite defense for years. Farley should have known we had a good defense.
You're making assumptions about what he thought about the defense originally. Perfectly reasonable to think highly of the defense coming in and they exceeded those high expectations.

He's been coaching against Heacock for 20 years. It's not like he doesn't know how good he is at the whole defense thing.