(Cole Bair) Mark Farley quote

Cloneman89

Sep 28, 2014
Farley is a d bag. Go find a Vanderbilt or Northwestern or Purdue. They are cupcakes normally. Stop playing FCS schools and get more revenue and don’t pay them. Finances will rule in a few years. Well it does now but playing FBS will be demanded by TV partners to increase viewership for ad money!

• Winner
Reactions: cyowa and Cyrocks

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Farley is a d bag. Go find a Vanderbilt or Northwestern or Purdue. They are cupcakes normally. Stop playing FCS schools and get more revenue and don’t pay them. Finances will rule in a few years. Well it does now but playing FBS will be demanded by TV partners to increase viewership for ad money!

I'd guess you're getting rid of Iowa in this scenario?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Most coaches that lose a game come out right away and congratulate the other team... and then ask if there are any questions?

Farley basically said if you take away the 2 INT's, etc... that it was an even game. No credit to ISU. Turnovers, penalties, special teams, etc aren't part of football I guess?

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Something I recently heard which I would love to hear an answer for is. We apparently paid UNI 625k to play here. Last year Air Force only paid 325k to UNI. Baylor paid 325k to play Texas State yesterday.

Why are we paying UNI so much cash? Maybe if we paid closer to the market rate we can afford to pay for more home games instead of having to do all these 2 homes and always with g5 schools.

If UNI tells us that they want more money, I’m sure schools like western Illinois would be fine with getting 325k for a game.

• Agree
Reactions: flycy

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Most coaches that lose a game come out right away and congratulate the other team... and then ask if there are any questions?

Farley basically said if you take away the 2 INT's, etc... that it was an even game. No credit to ISU. Turnovers, penalties, special teams, etc aren't part of football I guess?
Except it wasn't. Sure, the stats make it look sort of that way, but it wasn't. I remember so many ass kickings ISU took that the stats looked even because the other team could coast and use the second half as a scrimmage for their subs. Same here.

• Winner
Reactions: Cyrocks

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I honestly don’t understand why this is considered such a disrespectful comment on here.

Can anyone imagine CMC saying, Credit them, maybe they were better than I thought, in public? Farley is just a little Hawk.

The BOLDED part Acylum.

It is like saying, "Maybe your sister isn't as ugly as I thought." or "Maybe your son isn't as fat as I thought." or "Maybe you're not as dumb as I thought." It's a backhanded compliment. The "better than I thought" comment was a jab and unnecessary.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I understand the sentiment and opinions here. Whether true or not, Farley did speak well about "ISU, the opportunity for the game, etc" last week on the morning Rush. Now that could just be being fake but he was complimentary.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
The BOLDED part Acylum.

It is like saying, "Maybe your sister isn't as ugly as I thought." or "Maybe your son isn't as fat as I thought." or "Maybe you're not as dumb as I thought." It's a backhanded compliment. The "better than I thought" comment was a jab and unnecessary.
Except he’s saying the exact opposite of your examples.

Reactions: Steve

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Something I recently heard which I would love to hear an answer for is. We apparently paid UNI 625k to play here. Last year Air Force only paid 325k to UNI. Baylor paid 325k to play Texas State yesterday.

Why are we paying UNI so much cash? Maybe if we paid closer to the market rate we can afford to pay for more home games instead of having to do all these 2 homes and always with g5 schools.

If UNI tells us that they want more money, I’m sure schools like western Illinois would be fine with getting 325k for a game.
I’m guessing the BoR kind of pushes the athletic department’s hand on us playing them. Just weird that it seems like we play them every other year when iowa plays them every 3-4 years

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I honestly don’t understand why this is considered such a disrespectful comment on here.
It's pretty much the same as saying "I didn't think they were that good, but maybe they are.". That seems a little disrespectful to me.

The first words out of his mouth should have been something like the following:

"Congratulations to Iowa State on a hard fought win. While I'm disappointed in our team's performance, I'm sure some of our issues had to do with quality of our opponent today."

That's a lot more classy than "Maybe they were a little better than I thought."

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan and flycy

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015

Yeah, after you exclude their turnovers and our big plays it was an "even" game because their 1's played against our 2's and 3's the majority of the game. Heck we played 35 guys on defense alone!

Funny how Farley forgot to acknowledge that.

Reactions: Marcelason78

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
So the tv networks care who we play? Uni vs whatever? I assume if we get the same tv revenue the ath dept will get whomever they can bet on the cheap. The real atrocity is play road games at Mac schools abs loading ou t on home games.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Yeah, after you exclude their turnovers and our big plays it was an "even" game because their 1's played against our 2's and 3's the majority of the game. Heck we played 35 guys on defense alone!

Funny how Farley forgot to acknowledge that.
He has to sell it to the news and his fan base. Every coach has to. Anyone that watched it knows it wasn't that close.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Maybe that's how other schools use it but UNI takes that check from Iowa State, or whoever, and it all goes to the athletic budget. Mark doesn't get a dime of it for football. UNI gets nothing from Iowa State for transportation or anything else.

Next time we will make sure to reserve a camping section for poor UNI since they can't afford to pay their hotel bill.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
It's pretty much the same as saying "I didn't think they were that good, but maybe they are.". That seems a little disrespectful to me.

The first words out of his mouth should have been something like the following:

"Congratulations to Iowa State on a hard fought win. While I'm disappointed in our team's performance, I'm sure some of our issues had to do with quality of our opponent today."

That's a lot more classy than "Maybe they were a little better than I thought."
I’m starting to side with the posters who say we’re the most thin-skinned fan base in college sports.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Not thin skinned, just shaking my head at the lack of class Farley displays year after year.

When you get beat, the first thing you always do is congratulate and acknowledge your opponent. You learn that in 3rd grade.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Not thin skinned, just shaking my head at the lack of class Farley displays year after year.

When you get beat, the first thing you always do is congratulate and acknowledge your opponent. You learn that in 3rd grade.
Yes. Because if it’s mandated it’s obviously genuine and heartfelt.

• Winner
Reactions: 1UNI2ISU