Collegiate Duals Mon 12/18

jcordova8

Social Media Director, Wrestling Beat Writer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2016
But doesn't that prove the point the DC stayed at ISU for the coaching and facilities? Is ISU offering him $300k??? Ultimately, I FEEL (once again an assumption), a wrestler is more than likely to stay or go to a school that has some of the best coaches and facilities that are offered. Ofcourse at times money will trump all, however I would like to know what % that does. Sorry I like stats. I feel as if team sports may be more affected by $$$ as players on those TEAMS don't feel as tied to the coach. Where as wrestling they are more in it to better their craft. If on a team, one person makes a mistake it may not cause any issues where individual sports like wrestling, golf, etc you see the mistake that was made. Ultimately, if a golfer wanting to go to the next level is given $300k to go and play for Gardner Webb or go and play for Tiger Woods I would think most golfers would take the Tiger Woods route more often than not.

I may be naive, however if I wanted to pursue an opportunity at the Olympic level I am going to wrestle for those coaches that have "been there, done that". I knew as a wrestler my team wasn't going to beat my opponent I was.
This discussion has been interesting!! Kyven Gadson is joining Ben and I on the podcast tonight so I'm going to bring this up and get their input. Especially Kyven who was once an athlete himself.

I feel like your point is 100 percent valid that even with NIL money being a thing now there are plenty of situations where athletes say no to a bigger payday and stay where they feel they're better suited. David is a good example of that but I also think being a legacy adds a layer! I think ultimately I think there is more common ground here and some pretty valid points in the overall discussion.

alabamacyclone

Feb 11, 2019
Well blame it on your boy Redding. And it was a pretty benign procedure. He should be fine vs cal baptist

I will probably come off offended or callous here, but I hope this doesn't mean what it looks like it means. Redding is one of my favorite guys, and I don't want to blame anyone who is just working hard. Injuries happen (even just warming up for a dual, apparently. He filled in nicely yesterday, despite being underweight. I hope to see Casey back, as he gives us the best chance for success.

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
Did ISU get a trophy yesterday for winning? Still would have like to see us take on tOSU or NC State.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron