Come On!

Irish1

Feb 5, 2016
Well, it appears we got put in the toughest bracket, and they labeled us FOURTH of the 2 seeds.......But, come on, now.
If we can beat Houston by almost thirty, we can beat UCONN by 1!! But first we ALL have to get there. March Madness and its crazy upsets. We have to get there, UCONN has to get there, Illinois has to get there, BYU has to get there (part of me would rather play Houston a 4th time than BYU a third)
So, let's go back to The TJ Way...... one game at a time...... GO CYCLONES!! You can do it!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Well, it appears we got put in the toughest bracket, and they labeled us FOURTH of the 2 seeds.......But, come on, now.
If we can beat Houston by almost thirty, we can beat UCONN by 1!! But first we ALL have to get there. March Madness and its crazy upsets. We have to get there, UCONN has to get there, Illinois has to get there, BYU has to get there (part of me would rather play Houston a 4th time than BYU a third)
So, let's go back to The TJ Way...... one game at a time...... GO CYCLONES!! You can do it!
Is your X handle juicy wiggle? That dude needs to get some meds from a Twitter rant my son played of his.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I am far less concerned about UCONN until UCONN happens. If UCONN happens, we made a good run.

I am most concerned about the potential BYU grudge match in the S16. To a lesser degree Illinois, assuming they can get there. After that, the game that concerns me most is either Drake/Washington State in Ro32. Drake because you know they will gain 2.8 million more fans if that game is played and those 2.8 million tavern Hok/Bulldogs will laugh at us for a long time if we lose to them. Washington State is concerning to me only because I know nothing about them and thus fear of the unknown.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Count on UConn getting there. They have to go through a 16, 8 and then Auburn.

And then count on us for at least sweet 16, going through a 15, 7 then Illinois (or hopefully not BYU) to get to the elite 8.

Letterkenny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2023
I never worry about looking that far ahead in a draw. Everyone is worried about Drake, and they'll probably lost to WSU. Everyone is worried about UConn and they might lose early anyway. Everyone is worried about BYU, who could lose first round.

Worry about one game at a time. No point in looking too far ahead since you don't know who we'll play anyway.

Having said that...Drake getting to play in Omaha as a 10 seed is wild. WSU has to be pissed. Like, it was assumed we had to beat Baylor and wrap up a top 3 seed to get put there, and Drake just limps into it? If we're a 10 seed we get sent to Greensborough, NC. Would the committee ever place Iowa State in Des Moines as a 10 seed playing a 7 seed from the Pac 12, or some other major conference? That's an absurd draw for Drake.

Letterkenny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2023
Count on UConn getting there. They have to go through a 16, 8 and then Auburn.

And then count on us for at least sweet 16, going through a 15, 7 then Illinois (or hopefully not BYU) to get to the elite 8.
Heard on the radio yesterday that the last 6 National Champions failed to make it past the round of 32 the following year. It is VERY hard to go deep in the tournament multiple years in a row. There is so much randomness/luck to it.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
I'm not worried until the home cooking UCONN will get out east. Not worried about anyone up to that point. Only thing that bothers me the ******** that did everything to stack this tourney against ISU. Did everything in the planet to downplay anything we did and emphasize noncon strength of schedule which is ridiculous. UNC had a better noncon strength, but who did they beat? Not one of their noncon wins is as big as beating Houston by 28. Anyway, **** it. GO CLONES!!

Reactions: clone2003

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I never worry about looking that far ahead in a draw. Everyone is worried about Drake, and they'll probably lost to WSU. Everyone is worried about UConn and they might lose early anyway. Everyone is worried about BYU, who could lose first round.

Worry about one game at a time. No point in looking too far ahead since you don't know who we'll play anyway.

Having said that...Drake getting to play in Omaha as a 10 seed is wild. WSU has to be pissed. Like, it was assumed we had to beat Baylor and wrap up a top 3 seed to get put there, and Drake just limps into it? If we're a 10 seed we get sent to Greensborough, NC. Would the committee ever place Iowa State in Des Moines as a 10 seed playing a 7 seed from the Pac 12, or some other major conference? That's an absurd draw for Drake.
I agree with everything you're saying. That said, I'm not too worried about Drake. I think Iowa State will be way too physical for them. I'd be a little more worried to play Washington State, because again, I don't know a lick about them except that they are getting banished from relevance and have a giant chip on their shoulder (not necessarily for ISU, but still).

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Everyone's talking about how ISU got a touch draw. No one's talking about how UConn might have to play the best 2 seed?
The only thing tough about ISU's draw in my mind is that you potentially have to play the #1 overall seed UCONN down the road. Other than that, a few teams including potentially your first two opponents have just as much regional home advantage as you do, which seems insane for a 2-seed to have to put up with. That said, Drake and South Dakota State have much smaller fan bases. Cyclone faithful should be able to drown them out.

BYU potentially in the Sweet 16 was a pure **** move though, I agree.

Help Support Us

Become a patron