Conference Standings: We're Doing Alright

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
My guess is the conference actually hates Iowa State right now. We have cost the conference (potentially) a lot of money this year. With Russell going down Big 12 might get left out of the College Football Playoff again. With Texas losing last night there is probably another Big 12 team that won't make it to a bowl game. Most likely Texas, KU and ISU will not be bowling. If WVU or KSU fail to reach a bowl game this will not be good for perception of the Big 12 which is quite low already.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
This is also his most talented team in the last 3 years. If we go 3-6 he's still probably gone, if he goes 4-5 then there will be a never ending debate if he should stay, 5-4 then I'm on board for 1 more ride.

Now I am confused, what is your point? Are the results over the rest of the schedule pointless or not?

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Same old whining. How about we enjoy this? We just smoked a blue blood. Shut up for a week with all the negativity. Maybe we pull off a shocker in Norman? I'm not an optimist by nature but I know when to enjoy the moment while its here. Everyone take a deep breathe and try to be nice for once to our amazing university and student athletes.

BodeClone

May 15, 2014
Now I am confused, what is your point? Are the results over the rest of the schedule pointless or not?

Not what I said. OP's point was were are right in the middle of the B12 today, which I think is pointless.

BodeClone

May 15, 2014
So the Big 12 isn't filled with juggernauts?

It is, but it's really top heavy. Their current status (5th in conference) means nothing to me right now. What they do against WVU, KSU, OU, and OSU will tell us what we need to know. I hope I'm wrong in saying this, but we are nowhere near Oklahoma's level and they are the next team above us.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
It is, but it's really top heavy. Their current status (5th in conference) means nothing to me right now. What they do against WVU, KSU, OU, and OSU will tell us what we need to know. I hope I'm wrong in saying this, but we are nowhere near Oklahoma's level and they are the next team above us.

Yeah, the top is very good.
It would be nice to have a game against someone not named Oklahoma next week to ride the wave a little more.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
This looks better than I thought, especially for a team that' already got the 2 toughest conference games out of the way. Our non-conference was a disaster, but the conference season could still turn out to be pretty good (or pretty bad, I suppose)

conf.jpg

Now I know why we play each other. So a bad team like KU can play KSU and WVU and have a chance.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Isn't WVU something like 11-20 since they joined the league?

So much for coming in and whooping up on the new conference

Last edited:

UraMallas

Jan 9, 2013
WVU isn't bad, guys. They've played OSU, OU, Baylor and TCU in conference. They will probably be on a roll when we get them.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
WVU isn't bad, guys. They've played OSU, OU, Baylor and TCU in conference. They will probably be on a roll when we get them.

Yeah, I'm worried about that as well. We'll learn a lot about them this weekend when they play Tech, as that'll be their first non juggernaut game.

Help Support Us

Become a patron