CR Gazette calling for transparency from Ferentz

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
If all these newspapers are too afraid to run with this story for fear of bringing down their paper house, why don't we see local TV stations poking the bear a little more? Seems they might have a little more stability and support built in from their respective motherships to bring down the Ferentz Empire
I think some of the problem with Iowa media is that it's the sports guys covering these stories. It needs to come from that actual news people and journalists. They might actually do it. The sports guys are mostly fanboys or are just too scared or dumb, and just keep buying Kirk's snakeoil.

Yaz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 29, 2018
You're right. They are barely clinging to life.
They know something, but if they let it out, It would be the final nail in the coffin.
It's why none of the central Iowa reporters aren't going near the story. They could lose their whole career for reporting a single detail.
So what is the story? If there is a story, you can't tell me the people that follow the Hoks, both fans and rivals that follow the program recruiting more than the average Joe, don't know what this is about.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I think some of the problem with Iowa media is that it's the sports guys covering these stories. It needs to come from that actual news people and journalists. They might actually do it. The sports guys are mostly fanboys or are just too scared or dumb, and just keep buying Kirk's snakeoil.
This. Vanessa Miller is the Gazette reporter who dug into this story. She's good at holding the Regent universities accountable and I can tell you that the University of Iowa folks like to pretend they're not home whenever she comes knocking. This all came from the Gazette's news division, not sports.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
You're right. They are barely clinging to life.
They know something, but if they let it out, It would be the final nail in the coffin.
It's why none of the central Iowa reporters aren't going near the story. They could lose their whole career for reporting a single detail.
If it is truthful, we should all know. Might change my prespective on this whole situation. If it is full of hearsay and half truths then it will blow up in their faces. Is this something both of the investigations missed that was not reported on?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
This. Vanessa Miller is the Gazette reporter who dug into this story. She's good at holding the Regent universities accountable and I can tell you that the University of Iowa folks like to pretend they're not home whenever she comes knocking. This all came from the Gazette's news division, not sports.
What is the story? Dissolving a self made committee? After following and administering the committee recommendations? All but the recommendation from 1 person to fire Kirk and Barta? 1 of how many members?

• Winner
Reactions: 7Got6

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
What is the story? Dissolving a self made committee? After following and administering the committee recommendations? All but the recommendation from 1 person to fire Kirk and Barta? 1 of how many members?
How would we know she hasn't written it yet

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
If it is truthful, we should all know. Might change my prespective on this whole situation. If it is full of hearsay and half truths then it will blow up in their faces. Is this something both of the investigations missed that was not reported on?

If any if it is true it should be a big problem bud....

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

I think you my have identified the problem...

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Yeah…. where is the BOR at? They’d be all over ISU if this s**t was going on here.

Where were they with former president leath (leech)?

If I remember correctly, one of them took plane rides with him and sold him hunting property.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I'm guessing the Gazette might be getting pushback from their subscribers to follow up on the story. We already know the media is scared of KKKirk and feel he is untouchable. Somebody has to step up and hold people accountable. It looks bad on the media to ignore it, when they know it's going to come out soon... the lawsuit will definitely ramp it up.

Most Hoks fans don't want to admit it, but there is a lot of disturbing unresolved things going on in the athletic dept. This will keep going until Barta and the Moon Family coaches are gone. If the Hoks are serious about being transparent and want to be clean and clear, they need to clean house and get rid of Barta and Ferentz for starters.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
I'm guessing the Gazette might be getting pushback from their subscribers to follow up on the story. We already know the media is scared of KKKirk and feel he is untouchable. Somebody has to step up and hold people accountable. It looks bad on the media to ignore it, when they know it's going to come out soon... the lawsuit will definitely ramp it up.

Most Hoks fans don't want to admit it, but there is a lot of disturbing unresolved things going on in the athletic dept. This will keep going until Barta and the Moon Family coaches are gone. If the Hoks are serious about being transparent and want to be clean and clear, they need to clean house and get rid of Barta and Ferentz for starters.
They already asked the team if they need to leave, the team said no. lol

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Written what? What is this earth shattering news? No one in the program is currently pushing any issues in the building.
Again I can't really speculate on what she may know or not know, she hasn't written anything yet. I can make something up if you want.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Why is it a problem if kids inside the program think it has been great? Less transfers than the beloved ISU program...... Kirk is transparent to his team and parents of his players. That is all that matters in the grand scheme of things.
Because the issues impacted 10+ years of former players, it's easy to be on your best behavior with the current crop of players when you know what you did wrong previously. That doesn't negate past wrongdoing. That's the bare minimum

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Again I can't really speculate on what she may know or not know, she hasn't written anything yet. I can make something up if you want.
Seems like if you ask a disgruntled former player or committee member that did not get thier way, you can say whatever you want.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Because the issues impacted 10+ years of former players, it's easy to be on your best behavior with the current crop of players when you know what you did wrong previously. That doesn't negate past wrongdoing. That's the bare minimum
OK, but all of that came to be in June 2020, not now. People moved forward. Some are still witch hunting IMO. What happened sucked, but to my knowledge with current player interviews and twitter reactions things are much much better. WHich is what Kirk said he was going to strive to do.

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
They already asked the team if they need to leave, the team said no. lol

OK, but all of that came to be in June 2020, not now. People moved forward. Some are still witch hunting IMO. What happened sucked, but to my knowledge with current player interviews and twitter reactions things are much much better. WHich is what Kirk said he was going to strive to do.

Yes, because in an environment with a history of retaliation towards those who spoke out, I'm sure all the current players feel 100% confortable with actually voicing their exact opinions.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
This a cloud that will hang over the program until the athletic dept properly handles it. Ferentz has been busted twice on it and now has a pending lawsuit. Regardless of how the lawsuit gets resolved, People are always going to be wary of the Ferentz family and Barta. Clean house, and put it behind you to ensure a new beginning.