MLB: Cubs increase offer for Roberts

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Cubs pitchers were second in the league in ERA last year with a 4.04 and they've added more pitching. Add to that the fact that they will have a healthy Kerry Wood in the bullpen for a full season, and I'd say the staff looks pretty good. Also, the pitchers traded to Baltimore won't contribute much for another 1-2 years. You can't rely on potential over a proven commodity IMO.

I would not bank on Wood staying healthy all season.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
The only problem with Roberts is that he was a steroid user.

Otherwise, I'd really like him on the Sox. He's talented.

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007
No way in heck was switching Soriano to #2 a coincidence! Somethings going to happen one way or another.

Yup. Either Crisp or Roberts. Roberts probably fills a hole better although I don't want to give up too much in exchange.

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
With as hot as the Roberts talk has gotten, I see that being the deal thats made. Although, Marquis with Crisp would be alright with me!

The question comes, is Crips really that much better of a hitter the Pie? Pie has the defense, no doubt, so now we're just looking for a bat and leadoff guy! I think with this factor, Roberts is the better canidate to go for.

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007
Soriano's numbers have always suffered when he doesn't bat lead-off... Go check the stats.

That's true, but the guy's 32 and has seven years left on his contract. He's going to have to learn to bat somewhere else soon and if we have a better leadoff hitter now's as good a time as any.

jDub

Mar 23, 2006
Waukee
That's true, but the guy's 32 and has seven years left on his contract. He's going to have to learn to bat somewhere else soon and if we have a better leadoff hitter now's as good a time as any.

Excellent point, I hadn't thought of that. He's 32 already? I feel old.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron