CUSA AD talks about Big 12 schools

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
So... the ECU AD is mentioning that the CUSA should add the big 12 teams, while trying to get into the big east himself? Sounds like he'd just rather have the big 12 teams in the CUSA so he can get his school in the big east..

Reactions: cyfanatic

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Want some upside?

Larry Eustachy (Southern Miss head coach) and Tim Floyd (UTEP head coach) would both be making annual trips to Ames.
:jimlad:

A positive twist...I like that...but not enough to be involved. This letter tells me that there is not really a chance this is happening. To throw an open invitation letter out there is just a formality, not a serious discussion. If you are in the discussion you do not throw out letters like this.

Spam

May 21, 2008
And ISU fits beautifully with the likes of Southern Miss, East Carolina, and Central Florida.
Academically. Athletically. Financially.
:sad:

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I've heard that we are talking more to CUSA now than the BE...

IF the Big East truly is a viable option and we're not even pursing it because the school WANTS to be in CUSA, I'm done as a ISU fan. I'll always be a Cyclone, but I won't ever go out of my way to display my loyalty - no purchasing tickets, no future donations, no merchandise or apparel, none of it. If that causes someone to label me as an "untrue" Iowa State fan because I won't cheer for them no matter what, so be it - I have limits. Why should I be loyal to an institution that won't put itself in the best position possible for the best competition possible? The Big East is that, and to the extent so is the MWC. If they're going out of our way to be in CUSA, then they obviously feel like it's not worth keeping me as a fan.

Bardman

Dec 7, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I dont think we want to be in a 20 team bball conference and the bball schools wont leave the BE, the negotiations seem to have hit a wall