CUSA AD talks about Big 12 schools

RandomFan

Aug 11, 2009
I dont think we want to be in a 20 team bball conference and the bball schools wont leave the BE, the negotiations seem to have hit a wall

WOW! If true, wow. If our AD and President pass up an opportunity to join the Big East in order to join C-USA they would be making a monumental mistake.

sdillon500

Sep 12, 2006
northern california
Exactly. With the story on clone chronicles today about ISU maybe not pursuing the big east option, it just sounds ISU's administration is setting fans up for a move to C-USA. That should be the very last option, after all other avenues have been explored. ISU will lose so much prestige with a move down to C-USA.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
wow, I find that extremely hard to believe. The outfall of joining CUSA rather than the BE would be devastating.

That would kill ticket sales. A non party to join.
Let's put it this way - weigh suck. WAC would be equivalent.

That would be a laughing stock and kill recruiting for sure.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
This whole thread screams failure.
Heck, one person says we are headed to C-USA because they might have heard it and all of a sudden every other option is out the window and we are on a one way train to C-USA or the MAC???
Seriously, if you really don't think JP and/or GG will explore every option, then let your ignorance get the best of you. Do you really think JP thinks C-USA is a better fit for us than the Big East??? hahaha funny.
Let things unfold and take it one step at a time, stop jumping to conclusions.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
I would rather try to make it as an independent than join CUSA. See if you can play the Academies, ND, and maybe an old big 8 opponent or 2.

No offense to the members of CUSA, I just would not care after having played against BCS teams for as long as we have. I'm not even going to be the conceited fan that thinks we would go there and dominate because given the drop in budget and recruiting I don't know that we would. I just couldn't get up to play Tulsa or UTEP every year.

CyFever

Dec 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I dont see whats so bad about a 20 team bball conference. 4, 5 team divisions. You wont play everyone every year, but we've accepted that for football, i dont see why we can't accept that for basketball.

The basketball confernce thing is manageable. Just make two divisons of 10 teams...play most of your games in divison to keep the travel down, put all the east coast schools in one division...put Depaul, Marquette, ISU, KSU, KU, MO, Cinncy, Lville, ND, SF in the other....the east coast schools are happy cause they play each other, outisde of SF the travel is fine for everyone else

Basketball isn't going to drive this anyway, i think the Big East will let the bball schools go start their own conf if they want to, the big east needs 4 more football schools or they won't survive

People think 16 team football conferences are the wave of the future but we can't imagine a 20 team basketball conference? Especially when the alternative might be C-USA or the MAC? Please.

See the two posts above for reasons why this shouldn't be such a big deal.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I'm not buying it that we're considering CUSA over the Big East or Mountain West. If it's true that officials have contacted the Big 12 schools, then Pollard and Geoffrey would be looking into it. They should know CUSA is a step down for us; they're not stupid

Reactions: CyBobby

cyingreen

Nov 13, 2006
Jasper County
How can we be so shallow as to reject overtures from C-USA? At least it sounds like they want us, not a common sentiment these days. While it's fun playing the big boys on the BCS block, how often did we win? Never against TX, 4 or 5 times in like 80 years against OK, once every 15 years against neb, get my point? We're not exactly competitive against top drawer teams. But we do get a blurb on ESPN, about the way the 16th ranked Red Raiders pounded ISU. The tailgating will be just as good if we're playing ECU or OSU.
And if we join C-USA, we get to keep our TX recruiting ties!
C-USA wouldn't be my first choice, but it's nice to know there's a place to land before we hit the MAC.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Who in their right frigging mind cares about CUSA????

Heck guys CUSA is the Butt of all Deace Jokes on the radio...

Dont tell me you want to be the Butt of all Deace Jokes on kxno every day....

I can see it right now Deace saying ...Now this is our CUSA Joke of the day for a Joke of a Conference...

Now that is Depressing just thinking of trying to gain entrance to CUSA!!:sad:

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
1. Reconstructed B12
2. Big East
3. Mountain West
4. Give up on College FB

Theyre a probably a lot of people who would agree with your sentiments but Im not going that far yet...

Division One double A would be preferable of dropping football in my humble opinion.