Cyclone Television Network?

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
Under Dan Beebe's New Big XII Plan, “Schools would also be able to explore their own distribution platforms, including networks.â€￾

What are the odds of a new Cyclone Television Network (CTN) – 24/7 Cyclones – 70 cents of my current Mediacom bill goes to subsidize the Big Ten.

What are your thoughts on a Cyclone Television Network?

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I really dont know how you can make it work. ISU has had trouble keeping a radio station in Des Moines to carry ISU games in the past.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
A lot of options you could consider with that-

Cyclone TV network
-air all cyclone stuff
-alternately, add iowa high school stuff to fill airtime, and build demand across the state

How about a regional network? If Texas wants no part in a conference network, what about a few schools putting one together? Us, KU, KSU, MU?

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
It would all depend on mediacom agreeing I'm guessing? I don't know how they'd work with dish/directv.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
I think Cyclones.com is about as close as a network as we are going to get, maybe it will free them up though to air big 12 games if there is no other carriage, same thing with non-conference games vs. not being able to be aired due to exclusivity.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I'd like to see what has been done in this regard thus far, and if it's even possible. Money helps, let's re-invest.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
As we talked in another thread get ISU/KU/KSU/MU to make a network together and also carry some high school sports from the three states as fillers.

It wouldnt be a huge money machine but it would work.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I don't think anything would ever get on to TV, but I think you expand internet broadcasts and improve the quality.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
How about a regional network? If Texas wants no part in a conference network, what about a few schools putting one together? Us, KU, KSU, MU?

I would think this could be an option as well, let TU have their own network, and some type of arrangement between amongst the other schools.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I don't care if it even breaks even (okay, I'd like to make money off it), but getting the product out in the midwest would be awesome.

Would give another leg up on regional recruiting when compared to non-bcs teams.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I don't think anything would ever get on to TV, but I think you expand internet broadcasts and improve the quality.

I have a feeling at very least we'd be able to get any fb games that somehow didnt get on tv onto something like mediacom 22...

cysid

Apr 30, 2010
A lot of options you could consider with that-

Cyclone TV network
-air all cyclone stuff
-alternately, add iowa high school stuff to fill airtime, and build demand across the state

How would the average citizen be able to differentiate our football program from the featured HS programs?

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Can we leverage this portion of the Conference TV Stipulations to lure a school like Notre Dame? they could have their Cake and Eat it too....like Texas! :smile:

cysid

Apr 30, 2010
Guys guys guys, lets be realistic here. Anyone in the state of Iowa can easily take in an Iowa State game by driving at most 3 hours and plunking down $25 bucks for a scalped ticket.

Until we CONSISTENTLY sell out Tack Trice like the Hawks do Kinnick THERE WILL BE NO Cycolne TV network. No one would watch it, they wouldn't be able to sell advertising on it, and it would be a money pit.

If you want to see Iowa State on TV start making a differency by comming to a damn game once in a while.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Guys guys guys, lets be realistic here. Anyone in the state of Iowa can easily take in an Iowa State game by driving at most 3 hours and plunking down $25 bucks for a scalped ticket.

Until we CONSISTENTLY sell out Tack Trice like the Hawks do Kinnick THERE WILL BE NO Cycolne TV network. No one would watch it, they wouldn't be able to sell advertising on it, and it would be a money pit.

If you want to see Iowa State on TV start making a differency by comming to a damn game once in a while.

You're focusing too much on FB. Like the big 10 network, i doubt any network created by any b12 school is primarily used on live football. ABC\ESPN\Fox or whoever's paying the big bucks for this new tv deal will have the rights to almost all of that.