Cyclones in the NFL - 2020 - 2021 season.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
It looks like Allen Lazard missed practice today, calling into question his return this weekend for the Pack. Must be frustrating for AL.

Green Bay Packers wide receiver Allen Lazard was not at practice on Friday, per ESPN’s Rob Demovsky. This is the first time he hasn’t been at practice since being designated to return from injured reserve. The team still has one more week to activate him, but it did seem that he was returning this week.

Lazard has been out due to a core muscle injury that he had surgery to correct. Since he hasn’t been activated yet, the team doesn’t list him on injury reports. Hopefully we can get an answer to if he’s had a setback or not.

Link: https://dknation.draftkings.com/202...asy-football-packers-vs-jaguars-davante-adams

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and aauummm

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
  • Informative
Reactions: NWICY

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
From Packers Wire:

The return of wide receiver Allen Lazard will have to wait one more week.

The Green Bay Packers decided against bringing back Lazard from injured reserve before Sunday’s showdown with the Jacksonville Jaguars, choosing instead to give him more time to heal before putting him back on the field in a game setting.

Link: https://packerswire.usatoday.com/20...ivating-wr-allen-lazard-from-injured-reserve/

• Informative

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Good game for AJ Klein last weekend but it's jarring to see him referred to as "maligned". Some blurbs from Buffalonews.com article:

A.J. Klein hadn’t done much through the first half of the season, despite starting four of eight games as an injury replacement.
And Bills fans on social media had been happy to let him know.
“I don't pay attention to any of that stuff,” Klein said Sunday, after the game of his career. “I go out and do what I need to do and try to perform to the best of my ability. It's a good feeling when you go out and perform like this.”
Klein had a team-high four quarterback hits and two sacks on Russell Wilson, plus five solo tackles, a forced fumble, a fumble recovery and a pass breakup in the Bills’ 44-34 victory against the Seattle Seahawks at Bills Stadium.

Klein’s strip sack and fumble recovery at the Seattle 19-yard line with 6 1/2 minutes remaining ended any threat of a Seattle comeback.
It was the fourth turnover forced by the Bills’ aggressive defense, after Jordan Poyer and Tre’Davious White recorded their first interceptions of the season and White pounced on a fumble caused by Jerry Hughes. Entering the game, the Seahawks had just seven giveaways on the season.

Link: https://buffalonews.com/sports/bill...cle_0a18ab28-2232-11eb-92ee-0b87a9561456.html

• Informative

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Big game for A.J. Klein - 10 friggin solo tackles - for the Bills who looked to have the Cardinals beat until Hopkins' miracle hail mary catch. From Bills Wire:

AJ Klein
Like Bass, AJ Klein hasn’t had the best start in Buffalo, but for Klein, his poor form stretched until week nine against the Seahawks. Klein extended his run of good form against the elusive Murray. Klein had 11 tackles and one sack on the day.

The Bills defense on a whole played well against one of the best quarterbacks in the league, and Klein led the charge. He was always around the football on crucial downs and making big plays. If Klein can continue his run of good form, the Bills can be serious contenders come January.

Link: https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020...ss-arizona-cardinals-josh-allen-stefon-diggs/

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Good news and meh news on Allen Lazard:

AL was activated on WED to the Packers' roster. He has done limited practicing this week and so is still "questionable" for Sunday's game.

• Informative
Reactions: kjh0006 and NWICY

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Allen Lazard is expected to be back in action today for the Packers (though it looks like he will have some limits on his snap count):

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports Lazard is expected to be active for Sunday’s game. He is also expected to be on a pitch count after missing the last six games following core muscle surgery.

Lazard had 13 catches for 254 yards and two touchdowns before getting hurt.

Link: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/22/allen-lazard-is-expected-back-for-packers/

The Bears have a bye week which gives DM more time to recover from his concussion.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Fox's opening of the Packers' game showed Erin Andrews quoting Davante Adams about how much Allen Lazard means in the run game for Green Bay.

Rodgers hit him with an out for a solid gain on their 2nd play. Alas, on their 3rd play, Rodgers fumbled the snap for a turnover.

Nice to have Allen back.

Last edited:
  • Informative

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Looks like the Packers are basically playing Alan Lazar every other series.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
So fun to have AL back.

I wonder if they have an illustration of him like some other players.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
On Sunday, two Cyclones were in action in the NFL.

Allen Lazard was back from his core injury and caught 2 balls for 18 yards. He didn't play all the series but got quite a few snaps. In the Packers' final drive regulation time. Rodgers targeted him with the first 2 passes. The first would've been a tough catch - a crossing pattern with a hard and low pass - and he couldn't come up with it. The next play was an uncatchable ball thrown to AL.

Jamal Perry (Jomal Wiltz) recorded 1 solo tackle (though I saw him involved in a special teams tackle that must not have been enough for partial credit. I got to see some of that game and, besides special teams, he seemed to play obvious passing downs like 3rd-and-10+. He seems to be like a 6th DB for the Dolphins.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
This weekend's big football news - well, there is also a game in Austin, I've heard - is that the week off seemed to be enough for David Montgomery to get out of concussion protocol. He's practicing this week. AND the Bears / Montgomery take on the Packers / Lazard on NBC's Sunday night game

Reactions: Cyientist

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
On Sunday, two Cyclones were in action in the NFL.

Allen Lazard was back from his core injury and caught 2 balls for 18 yards. He didn't play all the series but got quite a few snaps. In the Packers' final drive regulation time. Rodgers targeted him with the first 2 passes. The first would've been a tough catch - a crossing pattern with a hard and low pass - and he couldn't come up with it. The next play was an uncatchable ball thrown to AL.

Jamal Perry (Jomal Wiltz) recorded 1 solo tackle (though I saw him involved in a special teams tackle that must not have been enough for partial credit. I got to see some of that game and, besides special teams, he seemed to play obvious passing downs like 3rd-and-10+. He seems to be like a 6th DB for the Dolphins.
Wouldn't that be a dimeback?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron