Cyclones in the pros 2023-2024 (hoops)

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Tyrese is back active tonight @ Portland 9pm. Will be interesting to see how many mins he plays. Also interested in how he and Siakam gel on the floor in first game together.

I saw him post videos of workouts a day or two ago but they seemed very low-impact type of stuff, surprised he played.

Really the Pacers did incredibly well with him out compared to any other time he has missed since he got traded there. They really have a good shot at avoiding play in games.

Reactions: Erik4Cy

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
21-15-2 in first game back from injury for Haliburton in a losing effort @ POR. Indy just never wins out there.
I see 17 assists.

He played 35 minutes and looked pretty spry

I watch the blazers broadcast, they really love his game .

Reactions: CascadiaClone

CascadiaClone

FKA BoredInKildee
Sep 26, 2012
Portland, Ore
21-15-2 in first game back from injury for Haliburton in a losing effort @ POR. Indy just never wins out there.
Was at the game tonight supporting both Hali and the Zers. He actually finished with 21 and 17.

He definitely was shaking off some rust offensively, not creating shots for himself and controlling the game like he normally does.

Says a lot that he still finished with that stat line, albeit in a loss.

ISUinOR

Nov 8, 2007
Portland, OR
Was at the game tonight supporting both Hali and the Zers. He actually finished with 21 and 17.

He definitely was shaking off some rust offensively, not creating shots for himself and controlling the game like he normally does.

I worked the game. In 2nd half, he had his upper leg wrapped in ice. Figured he was done for the night. Turned around for a second and he was back on the court.

He definitely didn't seem as active as normal, but he still put up some great stats in the minutes he played.

After shoot around prior to the game I gave him a "Go Cyclones!" as he was heading back to the locker room and he responded with "I love to hear that."

Loyal son.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com

Yeah, I think ESPN was slow updating stats last night.

Malcolm Brogdan was the difference in the game

larry

Apr 11, 2006
iowa city
Maybe they are figuring out how to use finally. Saw some early Cavs games and George was stuck behind the three point line and the ball never even went to him. Some of it could have been his early shooting woes, sometimes it is matchups.

Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
From the Detroit Free Press:

Veteran point guard Monte Morris will likely make his season debut Wednesday, when the NBA-worst Pistons (4-39) host the Charlotte Hornets (10-31). He will be joined by Cade Cunningham, who will return from a seven-game absence due to a left knee strain. Both players were listed as "probable" to play on Tuesday evening's NBA injury report.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
How sick would it be to see Tyrese in the Olympics

They basically ran a platoon with Brunson and the starters, then Tyrese and the bench last summer but I'd be willing to bet Tyrese had a better +/- than Brunson and better per minute metrics.

Seeing how dominant he has been in NBA this year I think Kerr flubbed up by rarely playing his best two players at the same time (Haliburton and Edwards).