Not open for further replies.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Except when you have people abusing the system and creating non-sense posts to just get their credits up.

I think Jer should get credits based on what forum you post in. i.e. off-topic would be less than basketball or football since this is a sports related website. :yes:

Mrs.

Are there really people abusing it? I have not really seen it much, a few posts here and there, but nothing widespread.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
When there's nothing going on in the summer isn't this just nonsense posts and the Chicago Cubs. Wait, nevermind....it's the same thing.

Ba-zing! ... substance, substance, substance, substance

EDIT: Wow! did I undercut your post or what Brianhos?

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

kmcbrid

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
www.municipalgame.com
Credits for time spent on the site would be a good thing and not just for posting. I read this site every day, but hardly ever post. Yes, people need to post to keep a site like this going, I am just not one of those people that posts.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
But there will only be one winner and the payout will be huge for that one person. I do not expect to see people putting 50k on one driver like they will with 1 football game.

You're right hos. With FB, BB games you have 2 choices from which to pick the winner. NASCAR you have 43. Not near as exciting.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Are there really people abusing it? I have not really seen it much, a few posts here and there, but nothing widespread.

What is the current credit per character/word right now? How about the people that post a link then copy the entire article into the post with it? That's not really "posting" that's copy and pasting and a quick and cheap way to rack up points. Well maybe not quick but anyone can just copy and paste stuff and start accumulating credits. Not sure I really like the idea of more and more pointless crap being posted it you up the limits...

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
You're right hos. With FB, BB games you have 2 choices from which to pick the winner. NASCAR you have 43. Not near as exciting.

Could you do like the horse track and have "win/place/show" bets?

less payout if you pick someone to finish either first/second/or third then if you pick the actaul winner?

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
What is the current credit per character/word right now? How about the people that post a link then copy the entire article into the post with it? That's not really "posting" that's copy and pasting and a quick and cheap way to rack up points. Well maybe not quick but anyone can just copy and paste stuff and start accumulating credits. Not sure I really like the idea of more and more pointless crap being posted it you up the limits...

I have deleted a rather lengthy post one time ... watch out on that - it dinged my credits pretty bad.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

There is a 100 word per post max, so anything after that, you do not get credit for.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Could you do like the horse track and have "win/place/show" bets?

less payout if you pick someone to finish either first/second/or third then if you pick the actaul winner?

That's an excellent idea. I'm not a bookie and have no idea what the options are for setting up bets. Maybe hos could chime in here?

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
That's an excellent idea. I'm not a bookie and have no idea what the options are for setting up bets. Maybe hos could chime in here?

In this very thread 22 agreed with me and a mod called my idea "excellent" ... I starting to feel all warm and fuzzy inside, replacing my cold, dead, heart of stone.

AND its Friday AND I get to go home in 2.5 hours! things are looking up!

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

There is no option like that, just straight odds. So at this point, that would be pretty tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.