CyCredit Feedback Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
OK here goes.

I don't like the loan idea. It starts to make it too complicated and too easy to get credits. If you lose who cares? Although, reputation collateral would be a way to combat this.

Betting between individual members would be very cool.

I like the way the current point system is set up. I don't think it's that hard to get a few thousand credits even if you lose them all.

I agree very strongly with having consequences for betting. If you lose big, you are done for a while, just like in real life. However, it should only take a few weeks (if that) of activity to get yourself back to enough credits to make decent sized wagers again. It is indeed what makes it so fun. I know that I can wager 50,000 credits on a bet, but if I lose, those credits are gone and it's not that easy to just get them back only to lose right away again. That takes the fun out of it! If you make it too easy for members to get their credits back, those who have not made good bets can get back "into the game" way too fast and easily. Just as you have to work for money in real life, you should have to work for your credits on this message board. (Plus it will be fun listening to all of the losing betters complain about how poor they are! Not to mention the lucky winners gloating about their riches!)

Not sure what to think about the lottery system. Might be a good idea, but don't let the pot get too big. Maybe 100,000 or less, with entry fee with credits. Again, credits should be earned, not given away freely.

I like the idea of lottery drawings for prizes using credits. Ticket fee of 1,000 credits? I also like the idea of being able to buy items with credits. I can see how Jeremy just doesn't want to give away items all of the time, so you will need to set prices fairly high. At least a couple hundred thousand for the cheap items, IMO. Just depends on how fast Jeremy wants to give stuff away. He can always adjust prices if he feels people are able to buy too much, or not enough.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
March Madness will be insane 'round here with CyBookie! :)

Just think what the bookie board is going to look like that tue and wed before the games start once the lines come out. Wow, I better take the days off work just to post events.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
OK here goes.

I don't like the loan idea. It starts to make it too complicated and too easy to get credits. If you lose who cares? Although, reputation collateral would be a way to combat this.

Betting between individual members would be very cool.

I like the way the current point system is set up. I don't think it's that hard to get a few thousand credits even if you lose them all.

I agree very strongly with having consequences for betting. If you lose big, you are done for a while, just like in real life. However, it should only take a few weeks (if that) of activity to get yourself back to enough credits to make decent sized wagers again. It is indeed what makes it so fun. I know that I can wager 50,000 credits on a bet, but if I lose, those credits are gone and it's not that easy to just get them back only to lose right away again. That takes the fun out of it! If you make it too easy for members to get their credits back, those who have not made good bets can get back "into the game" way too fast and easily. Just as you have to work for money in real life, you should have to work for your credits on this message board. (Plus it will be fun listening to all of the losing betters complain about how poor they are! Not to mention the lucky winners gloating about their riches!)

Not sure what to think about the lottery system. Might be a good idea, but don't let the pot get too big. Maybe 100,000 or less, with entry fee with credits. Again, credits should be earned, not given away freely.

I like the idea of lottery drawings for prizes using credits. Ticket fee of 1,000 credits? I also like the idea of being able to buy items with credits. I can see how Jeremy just doesn't want to give away items all of the time, so you will need to set prices fairly high. At least a couple hundred thousand for the cheap items, IMO. Just depends on how fast Jeremy wants to give stuff away. He can always adjust prices if he feels people are able to buy too much, or not enough.

I agree with everything you say in this post. <high five>

CYCLONE STATE

Dec 8, 2007
Clive
It loses how fun it is if there aren't real consequences with losing on bets. Right now when I bet I am on the edge of my seat hoping to win while I watch the game. It is like a real bet in my mind. If I know I can lose and in a few days will be right back up with number of credits due to the overly friendly credit system then the whole system starts to lose appeal to me because I don't feel consequences of my decisions.

I agree. Nicely said.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
The problem I see with betting between individual members is it could be used as a way to siphon credits to your main user. Just make some stupid bet you know you will win and then your main char gets all the credits. So you could have 100 mules getting you daily/weekly credits and just funnel them to your main username.

There would have to be some kind of check and balance system and that would just be too much work to manually watch that. Maybe something like rep where you cannot bet with the same person more than X times in XX days, or something like that.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
OK...I've figured it out. The system works perfectly as is. Only change needs to be giving credits for a donation to the site.

Otherwise...let's leave it be with the occasional lottery for prizes.

Change doesn't always equal something good.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
The problem I see with betting between individual members is it could be used as a way to siphon credits to your main user. Just make some stupid bet you know you will win and then your main char gets all the credits. So you could have 100 mules getting you daily/weekly credits and just funnel them to your main username.

There would have to be some kind of check and balance system and that would just be too much work to manually watch that. Maybe something like rep where you cannot bet with the same person more than X times in XX days, or something like that.

Good point. It might be hard to watch for abuse. However, with your examples I think you could control a lot of it by not allowing members to make individual bets until they have a certain number of posts. Maybe 100 or 250. It will be a privilege to participate in this feature. If someone has enough time to create enough "credit mules" to get any type of true gain from this, well, then they really DO have a gambling problem and should probably get some help. :biglaugh:

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Yeah I like how it is now, I like having a little more emphesis being placed on posting, afterall that is what really drives the site, the conversations. If we get too many thing going that generate $$ you could see a decline in posting.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Yeah I like how it is now, I like having a little more emphesis being placed on posting, afterall that is what really drives the site, the conversations. If we get too many thing going that generate $$ you could see a decline in posting.

says the 8000+ post credit ***** :biggrin::rolleyes:

Mar 30, 2006
La Porte City
One of the big problems with betting is that this is the prime betting time, there is so much going on that it is hard to keep up with it all. It will be harder to find exciting events in say, April. Probably have a few bigger events that get a lot more action than right now.

Don't forget we have NASCAR events starting in February lasting until November.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

Not sure that is going to be a big bookie draw like college football and basketball are. But I will be posting them and recording the results, I doubt I still will get enough sleep the night before to make it through an entire event though.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA

awesome :no: can we bet on the world cup and pga too?:sad:

The really sad thing is I know I'd lay some coin on any of 'em. It uncontrolable at this point.:smile:

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Hell, I'd bet on NASCAR just for something to do. I'd never but a TON on it though. It might actually get me more interested in it.

Mrs.ISUFan22

Dec 11, 2006
Grimes, IA

Except when you have people abusing the system and creating non-sense posts to just get their credits up.

I think Jer should get credits based on what forum you post in. i.e. off-topic would be less than basketball or football since this is a sports related website. :yes:

Mrs.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I think the a better way to get more opinions on betting and possible changes would be to make a poll. Off I go!

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Except when you have people abusing the system and creating non-sense posts to just get their credits up.

I think Jer should get credits based on what forum you post in. i.e. off-topic would be less than basketball or football since this is a sports related website. :yes:

Mrs.

bitter much? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.