CyTown Announcement - Monday 9/19 (Links in OP)

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Good point, they added several hundred more parking spots this year by paying the new lots by schemen/stevens and moving RVs to the village. Will be interesting to see the plans.
Exactly, they have added a ton of parking, this year. And there is talk of adding more. In the end I think this will be net positive in the parking area. Some parking will move to other spots but there will be the same or more paved parking.

Reactions: TwinCitiesCy

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
If he can get donor money to pay for it and sustain it then kudos to Pollard. Sounds like a hell of a tax write-off for the donors.
Last thing said about it was it would be a lease by a developer. So there would not be a so called donor input needed.

Basically a developer would lease the site from ISU, ISU would have development oversight, and the developer would build and develop the project and area as agreed. The lease would be for X amount of years and provide a set payment structure for said years.

Thus the developer is responsible for developing, maintaining and filing the space as required by agreement. And ISU gets a guaranteed payment for the number of years.
The developer is able to rent/lease spaces to bars, breweries, retail, banks, hotels and other businesses and make a profit and manage the property, and the University does not have to deal with those management tasks, and gets the income it needs.

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
Last thing said about it was it would be a lease by a developer. So there would not be a so called donor input needed.

Basically a developer would lease the site from ISU, ISU would have development oversight, and the developer would build and develop the project and area as agreed. The lease would be for X amount of years and provide a set payment structure for said years.

Thus the developer is responsible for developing, maintaining and filing the space as required by agreement. And ISU gets a guaranteed payment for the number of years.
The developer is able to rent/lease spaces to bars, breweries, retail, banks, hotels and other businesses and make a profit and manage the property, and the University does not have to deal with those management tasks, and gets the income it needs.
Yes! I think people underestimate the value of that property.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Who said it’s all outside dining?
Right, The AD has made trips to Green Bay and are modeling it after Titletown. I don't think the weather in Green Bay is better between Nov-Apr. And I don't think that is all outside dining.

Matter of fact I am not sure it is supposed to be anything about outside dining, other than some of the bars ets might have some outside seating.

Reactions: Mr.G.Spot

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I can say Im not a fan of the IPAs myself but they do have some stuff I like, and one has to admit Toppling Goliath is hugely popular.
I only had P Sue once since my college aged son said he and his buddies thought it was awful but offered everywhere. So I tried it and agreed. When I saw it sold at Aldi's I figured it couldn't be that good then.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I only had P Sue once since my college aged son said he and his buddies thought it was awful but offered everywhere. So I tried it and agreed. When I saw it sold at Aldi's I figured it couldn't be that good then.
You would be better trying Dorothys. It would be more of the lager taste you are looking for.
They make some decent stouts depending on season, but those depend on taste too.

Pseudo and King sue are strong IPAs, Very highly rewarded and regarded by people that like them. But for those that dont, will not care for them.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
You would be better trying Dorothys. It would be more of the lager taste you are looking for.
They make some decent stouts depending on season, but those depend on taste too.

Pseudo and King sue are strong IPAs, Very highly rewarded and regarded by people that like them. But for those that dont, will not care for them.
I'm a normal Guiness drinker, for games I will hit coors light or busch light. If at a bar its a mixed drink.

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009

I do like Dorothy’s.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I'm a normal Guiness drinker, for games I will hit coors light or busch light. If at a bar its a mixed drink.
You sound a lot like me.

I love Guiness esp on nitro out to dinner with the wife its usually my go to. If I put in a keg Fridge I would probably put Guiness in it on nitro. At games or just a hot day just a Coors or Coors light will do. Really most light beers are fine for whatever. Still like a PBR too.

If im trying some local brews, I stick to wheats, lagers, ambers, cream, porters, or stouts. Anything really hoppy, fruity or sour is not my thing.

Ill have a mixed drink now and then too, but enjoy a whiskey on the rocks too, but usually stick to Irish, or Scotch, maybe a Canadian too.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Less football parking = bad idea.
I'm of a different mind set. It's real estate. Expensive real estate. Which for the most part is dedicated to entertainment events. Of course football is the most demanding of the space, but even then hundreds of stadiums across the nation manage on far less. Adding this project, not only further improves ISU's standing on a national stage, but it also will provide a major boost in bucks per acre compared to parking. But, that's just me thinking $$$$ and sense.