Darian DeVries

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Hate to burst your bubble but Prohm is not going anywhere this year.

I just can't see a way that Prohm is back next year. In Pollard's last message, the finances didn't seem as dire as they did last fall when football was talked about being cancelled.

I've always felt that firing a coach mid-season doesn't do you any good, and I'm still barely hanging on to that feeling. But it's time to start talking to agents to understand interest in candidates.

RogueMongoose

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 14, 2017
I like Prohm. He can recruit but can’t seem to coach them into a team. Team has no identity, no comradery. I can tolerate bad basketball if there’s no talent but I see talent there but not the little things. Guy goes down, no teammates to pick them up. MadevFT, no high fives from the other four. The little things make a team and a I don’t see it. Unfortunately COVID will get him a pass this year but I think a change is needed and eminent. No matter who they hire it will set the program back at least 2 years.

Reactions: isutrevman

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I like Prohm. He can recruit but can’t seem to coach them into a team. Team has no identity, no comradery. I can tolerate bad basketball if there’s no talent but I see talent there but not the little things. Guy goes down, no teammates to pick them up. MadevFT, no high fives from the other four. The little things make a team and a I don’t see it. Unfortunately COVID will get him a pass this year but I think a change is needed and eminent. No matter who they hire it will set the program back at least 2 years.

Reminds me a lot of McDermott's teams where there just wasn't any team chemistry

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
I’d love TJ as our coach. Top 14 recruiting class for next year. And he brought in George’s, Naz, Monte and company.
TJ needs more time at UNLV they are also a bad basketball team. Not sold on his coaching yet. MWC is a bad league this year. Prohm brought in some top notch recruits as well.

Right now would prefer a more solid/proven X's and O's guy

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
Steve Prohm is dead in the water. Looking for replacements should begin immediately. However, JP shouldn’t have to look far. Darian DeVries’ Drake team is 15-0, including a win over the same K-State team we lost to. “But what about recruiting!” I hear some of you say. Drake has more four stars in his current recruiting class than Iowa State, a power 5 program does.

EDIT: the four star is Darian’s son Tucker, a star at Waukee. We have the same number of four stars in our current recruiting classes.
Agree, DeVries was the head assistant at Creighton, one of the best programs in the Big East, and he has what it takes to be successful.