David Harris to Tulane

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Bowlsby declares he’s surprised how united the MVC is, two teams announce they are leaving the conference the next day.
With this announcement, I wouldn't be shocked if UNI does a deep dive on moving up to FBS along with NDSU and SDSU. Delaware recently announced they are moving up along with the recent and successful moves of JMU and Jax St.

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
With this announcement, I wouldn't be shocked if UNI does a deep dive on moving up to FBS along with NDSU and SDSU. Delaware recently announced they are moving up along with the recent and successful moves of JMU and Jax St.
I don't see it. I thought there were stadium and attendance thresholds that needed to be met, and UNI had neither. I can see NDSU but not UNI.

• Agree
Reactions: NENick

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I don't see it. I thought there were stadium and attendance thresholds that needed to be met, and UNI had neither. I can see NDSU but not UNI.
Those have all been eliminated. Used to be that you had to average 15k over a two year period which was ridiculously easy to fudge your way around.

This is a pretty aggressive step from a President that's really done good things and turned the corner to get UNI growing again. Feels like there are a lot of options on the table that weren't there before.

Reactions: BigTurk

JEFF420

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 6, 2014
Michigan
UNI exists as a regional university that educates in state kids in a smaller environment. It has it's place. I think we'd see smaller town kids just choose not to go to school rather than go to one of the larger universities which just accelerates the state's issues.

Plus, UNI educates 74% of Iowa's K-12 teachers and 71% of Iowa's K-12 administrators and superintendents. 88% of UNI grads are still in state after 10 years.

thats why the education rankings keep slipping?

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
He will do next to nothing. Which isn't super dissimilar from the previous guy.
What is he supposed to do? He is the interim. His job is to hold the department together and make sure things stay in order. They aren't going to have any coaching searches for him to worry about, so his job is to keep the department functioning.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
What is he supposed to do? He is the interim. His job is to hold the department together and make sure things stay in order. They aren't going to have any coaching searches for him to worry about, so his job is to keep the department functioning.
BB could do well at that, but he has a tendency to step on his own **** quite often.