Not open for further replies.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Just for the sake of organization, let's go ahead and start a different thread as we got a lot accomplished on the back end yesterday. I'm confident that most of this stuff will be worked out over the next few days.

ALSO, on Tuesday or so, we'll have instructional videos ready for you guys that will show off new features of the new forum.

A few quick things: We realize there is a permission issue with politics and rivals and are working to fix that.

Hope you all are enjoying the new site. The response has been incredibly positive, which has been very refreshing.

Reactions: JerseyGirl

HARMCYN

Jan 20, 2012
Cambridge, IA
I've never opted out of the rivals forum, but it won't let me enter it or show up on the main forum list.

Nevermind, just read the OP in its entirety my bad.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
This might be in the first thread, but I'm too lazy to search for it: Where's the "go to first new post" button?

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
I really like the quality of the pictures and graphics, well done.

I opted out of the political a long time ago and based on how many political threads I see on the recent posts lists I hope the opt out feature gets working again fast!!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Chris, you guys have done an amazing job with rolling things out, and responding to "we want it NOW" requests.
One thing I have noticed, and it's not a huge deal but would be nice:
Most of the menu banner across the top is stationary, so to look at new forums/threads, all we have to do is use the drop down menus. The profile avatar with the alerts gets hidden as you move down the page, and it would be nice if it stayed visible also. With no "back to the top" button, you have to scroll back up to the top to see it.
Disclaimer: nearly ALL of my usage is on desktop or laptop (almost never on mobile) so this might not be an issue for mobile users.

Reactions: Angie

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
A few quick things: We realize there is a permission issue with politics and rivals and are working to fix that.

Just quoting this so maybe more people will see it before complaining about it.

Was there ever a time that the politics forum wasn't opt-in only? Seems like CF couldn't function if so.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
Just quoting this so maybe more people will see it before complaining about it.

Was there ever a time that the politics forum wasn't opt-in only? Seems like CF couldn't function if so.
It was only opt-in from about the 2010 mid-term election or somewhere around there. Before that it was just there.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Reposting from yesterday: posts should show the thread creator\creation date, as well as the most recent poster\post time. I think this was originally on there when the forum relaunched but got lost somehow. Right now it shows most recent poster, but the thread creation time, which is an odd combo.

Reactions: ChrisMWilliams

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Couple things I've noticed. On mobile at least it will eventually take me to the first new post but it kind of gets stuck for a bit sometimes between posts. I then figure out which one is new and then start there but then it catches up and moves me back. Usually only a problem when skimming so maybe I just need to be patient.

Other thing is with ignored people. I don't know about others but I like seeing when an ignored person posts. I also sometimes will even read what they say. I use it as something that I can opt into reading the post or not.

isudoc03

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2006
I don't know if this is related to the new site launch but I can't find the podcasts on iTunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.