Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone27inQC

Jun 16, 2010
Quad Cities
Sorry if this is a repeat question or maybe I'm just missing it: On the forum pages can the forum category be added back in?
e.g. Men's Basketball or Women's Basketball

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Sorry if this is a repeat question or maybe I'm just missing it: On the forum pages can the forum category be added back in?
e.g. Men's Basketball or Women's Basketball

I mentioned this as well. It's worth noting that the forum category does show up on the recent posts page, but not on the new posts page.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Could be just me, but the small light grey print is hard to read.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Thats the last unread, what about just the last one?

If you are on the new posts page, there are page numbers for each thread. Not sure why there aren't page numbers on the main forum page, but would think that'd be an easy enough fix.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I've only used mobile so far and think it could be cleaned up a bit. Everything is spaced out so much I spend more time scrolling that reading. (Not talking ads either, those are good)

For example the box with watch thread and the page numbers is huge with a lot of dead space.

Also not sure how to shrink up some spacing on the posts themselves but a lot of real estate taken up by non content, could be collapsed a bit. For instance the bar with all the like items, not sure we need that in mobile. Maybe a like button that could display next to the user's name that expands to the different options.

Also a quicker way to get to 'new posts' on both the top and bottom.

All in all looks pretty good and slick, just a lot of real estate lost trying to make it look too clean and browser like.

Would like to see the first unread post button larger and in the right as. It's so small in mobile.

Again this is all mobile feedback, haven't been to the site on a pc yet.

Keep up the good work!

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Reposting from yesterday: posts should show the thread creator\creation date, as well as the most recent poster\post time. I think this was originally on there when the forum relaunched but got lost somehow. Right now it shows most recent poster, but the thread creation time, which is an odd combo.

Got this one reported. I completely agree.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Wondering what the "Watched Forums" on the Forums Drop down is for. I can't figure out how to set it. I assume it allows you to choose only preselected forums - kind of a short cut.

My biggest complaint u- and it's a small one. I usually look at only MBB, FB, and OT Forums. It seems quite cumbersome to hit the drop down and then scroll all the way down to select the OT Forum. Would be nice if the Watched forums (If it's what I think it is) was right on the user's front page.

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
Kudos on the new site. I expect it'll be just like anything else, the more you play with it, the more intuitive it'll become. Question I had was how do I change the number of posts displayed per page? I'm stuck on 20 now, but would prefer 40....
At any rate, carry on, Mr Bowditch.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I just realized this, but we're missing the countdown clock at the bottom that tells us how many day/hours until the next Cyclone game. Not a huge deal, but would be nice to have again.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron