Status
Not open for further replies.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Just found out I can't access the In State Rivalries forum, and I don't know how to change that. Not sure I want to, but...

I just tried to access the Iowa Basketball Recruiting thread to no avail.

kilroy

Jun 10, 2010
hills to flat lands
Cdub, screw this place. The whinning and complaining will settle out. We need you on the air waves and give us the scoop on big XII expansion.

Get back to work!

:jimlad:

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
I appear to no longer have access to the Instate Rivals Forum? Did on the old site? Something I need to do to get back in?

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
The same thing bugs me about this as the old. The advertisement's loading mechanism constantly moves the page. And, in some instances, 'changes' the page. This is VERY POOR HTML programming. The very first thing a page should do is 'allocate' real-estate. THEN, load content into those components.

Also, disregarding bandwidth and allowing content to 'automatically' start streaming is another blaring mistake. Especially, if 'multiple' pieces start to stream at the same time.

Will this prompt me to change? Nahhh. I'll struggle through it cause I still like to read any/every-thing ISU.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
How do you tell if you are on the mobile site or the regular site? I was on my iPhone and iPad since the new site was launched, and this morning I am on my desktop (Windows10) and it looks exactly the same. Maybe it is supposed to? Not sure, but wanted to bring it up.

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
The same thing bugs me about this as the old. The advertisement's loading mechanism constantly moves the page. And, in some instances, 'changes' the page. This is VERY POOR HTML programming. The very first thing a page should do is 'allocate' real-estate. THEN, load content into those components.

Also, disregarding bandwidth and allowing content to 'automatically' start streaming is another blaring mistake. Especially, if 'multiple' pieces start to stream at the same time.

Will this prompt me to change? Nahhh. I'll struggle through it cause I still like to read any/every-thing ISU.

'Quotation marks'

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I've seen this posted a lot, I don't see a little blue dot or I'm blind, take your pick.
I checked, and it's on both the "new posts" forum list and the regular forum list. It's really small on my computer, so it might be even worse if you're on a mobile device. It's directly to the left of the title (between the OP's avatar and the thread title).

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
The front page and stories look really clean.

It seems that when someone posts a one-line post there is a lot of dead space under their post because it goes down as far as the information under their avatar and screen name. If there was a way to condense or eliminate some of that information so there wasn't so much wasted space in shorter posts I think that would be helpful.

Overall looks good, thanks for the great site.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I've been on the mobile since the update and I finally got on the desktop version this morning. I noticed my signature was all messed up. When I went to fix it the "Preview" button would not work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron