Not open for further replies.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I just realized this, but we're missing the countdown clock at the bottom that tells us how many day/hours until the next Cyclone game. Not a huge deal, but would be nice to have again.

This is funny to me cuz when we launched the last site, that's what people complained about the most. I'll see what I can do though.

Reactions: carvers4math

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
This is funny to me cuz when we launched the last site, that's what people complained about the most. I'll see what I can do though.
Maybe take that and a few other things and put on a poll and see if the majority of people want it. No point adding it back if most people don't want it. I'll put the needs of others before my own.

#voteGTOforpresident2020

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Can you elaborate on this? I'm confused.

Go to the "New Posts" forum.

Look at the list of threads....none of the list which main forum it's from.

Say someone has a thread of "Chris Williams Class of 2019 recruit" but doesn't list sport. We don't know which forum it's from so is it a MBB or Football recruit? Make sense?

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I've only used mobile so far and think it could be cleaned up a bit. Everything is spaced out so much I spend more time scrolling that reading. (Not talking ads either, those are good)

For example the box with watch thread and the page numbers is huge with a lot of dead space.

Also not sure how to shrink up some spacing on the posts themselves but a lot of real estate taken up by non content, could be collapsed a bit. For instance the bar with all the like items, not sure we need that in mobile. Maybe a like button that could display next to the user's name that expands to the different options.

Also a quicker way to get to 'new posts' on both the top and bottom.

All in all looks pretty good and slick, just a lot of real estate lost trying to make it look too clean and browser like.

Would like to see the first unread post button larger and in the right as. It's so small in mobile.

Again this is all mobile feedback, haven't been to the site on a pc yet.

Keep up the good work!
Yeah super minor thing but that little blue dot is so tiny and cramped between the thread title and creator of the threads avatar. Would be nice if that could be on the right side where there is more empty space.

19Cy78

Mar 31, 2006
Love the new site guys! Very mobile friendly. I noticed in the App Store the CF app is that new or revamped one in the works?
Thanks and continued success!

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Echoing the suggestion to make the blue "go to first unread" dot bigger on mobile. It's difficult to accurately click on it.

The new mobile site is an upgrade in aesthetics, but so far, I prefer the old site. No wasted space, very easy to navigate.

Reactions: Farnsworth

Gerbs

Aug 31, 2013
Love the site. For a guy that is on the road quite a bit, I think it looks great on mobile. My only complaint is the 10 different like buttons. I just don't like it.

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
First time online in 3 days and was shocked to see this. Initial impressions are positive.

Is there an option to increase the posts per page like the old site? I went through preferences (albeit briefly) and didn't see it.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
'Upload a file' button doesn't work. Insert image button only has an option for a URL, so no way (that I've found) to upload a local image.

'More options' button just posts the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron