[DECOMMIT] 2021 QB Charles Wright

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I thought Iowa fans thought Charles Wright was a horrible recruit that nobody wanted, and CMC had no idea what talent was?

• Winner
Reactions: Cytown12

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Oh, cool than he could love our coaches "believing in him" again? Is there some sort of app that generates these decommitted and commit tweets? They ALL sound a lot alike. Only thing missing was some sort of acknowledgement that Texas was his dream school, which it probably was. Or do the schools write them for the kids like they provide the graphics?
That's a pretty bitter take. They're eighteen year-olds who've had a gift their whole life and are surrounded by the culture of what they see on ESPN and Twitter. It would be hard to handle it maturely without a good support system, which it appears he had. Charles seems like a good kid, I thought his tweet was brief but classy, and he probably called Campbell before that announcement. It sounds like his grandfather played for Texas, and he probably wasn't expecting to ever have a Texas offer when he committed all those months ago. We were his only P5 offer for a long time.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
That's a pretty bitter take. They're eighteen year-olds who've had a gift their whole life and are surrounded by the culture of what they see on ESPN and Twitter. It would be hard to handle it maturely without a good support system, which it appears he had. Charles seems like a good kid, I thought his tweet was brief but classy, and he probably called Campbell before that announcement. It sounds like his grandfather played for Texas, and he probably wasn't expecting to ever have a Texas offer when he committed all those months ago. We were his only P5 offer for a long time.

Than don't commit early if you are not really committed to a school but just keeping it as your fail safe. I'd respect a kid decommitting more if he just simply changed his mind and was uncertain about something to do with ISU like if we recruited over him or he found out something about ISU that he didn't like. If you are really committed you aren't tweeting "hey, look at me, I got an offer from NC State!" If he hadn't flipped to Texas he might have flipped to TCU or someone else later which would have been worse timing.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Than don't commit early if you are not really committed to a school but just keeping it as your fail safe. I'd respect a kid decommitting more if he just simply changed his mind and was uncertain about something to do with ISU like if we recruited over him or he found out something about ISU that he didn't like. If you are really committed you aren't tweeting "hey, look at me, I got an offer from NC State!" If he hadn't flipped to Texas he might have flipped to TCU or someone else later which would have been worse timing.

Texas was the only school he would have flipped to if offered and our staff was aware of that

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Rose was committed to a MAC school before he switched to the good guys.

Christopher C

May 22, 2020
Bummer about Wright. Heard good things about him. Best of luck to him at Texas.

I will be interested in watching Bauer this season with the weapons he has around him. Purdy is a perfect example of a kid that was looked at late when the talent was right in front of coaches.Never know what Bauer could turn into at the next level.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Pretty bitter over a high schoolers decision making. Be happy for the kid that he gets go to go the school he wants. You also have to remember that football teams only have so many spots available. If you like a coach and a team, take the spot while it's available.

Do you have a dream job you would leave your current job for? Or are you just not working and hoping that the dream job will eventually pop up?

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Purdy didn't play Junior year due to injury. That is the only reason why he is a Cyclone. He would have been an Aggie or some sort of Tiger if he played.
Not to be a contrarian, but he wasn't overlooked because there was nothing to look at.
What? That’s simply not true.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron