Denae Fritz transferring

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Do you really think she transferred to Baylor to get back at Iowa State fans? That seems like a stretch.
Of the many schools out there, she has, with two decisions, said no to Iowa State and yes to a school I feel antipathy for. I know Kylie's move to Iowa is as bad as it gets and she did it for her own reasons. Was it the best for them, I guess. Did it hurt us, yes.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Of the many schools out there, she has, with two decisions, said no to Iowa State and yes to a school I feel antipathy for. I know Kylie's move to Iowa is as bad as it gets and she did it for her own reasons. Was it the best for them, I guess. Did it hurt us, yes.
I don’t think it’s their responsibility to pick a school that doesn’t hurt your feelings.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I don’t think it’s their responsibility to pick a school that doesn’t hurt your feelings.
It hurts to have a player like this move away for reasons which are unclear. Yes, I am sort of hurt, and then to well, Baylor.

Does it bother you for me to have an opinion different than yours?

Reactions: 83cy

Gary_ISU

Apr 12, 2006
I get that you don’t like the decision and it hurts but you basically implied that she intentionally chose Baylor to hurt ISU fans. That’s what I was commenting on. I don’t think that was a part of the decision criteria.

ISU40

Jan 8, 2012
Ames
I get that you don’t like the decision and it hurts but you basically implied that she intentionally chose Baylor to hurt ISU fans. That’s what I was commenting on. I don’t think that was a part of the decision criteria.
I don't like the decision because of the reasons she said why she left, but the post's wording felt a little like a slap in the face to fans.
Wasn't going to here but oh well. Maggie, Denae and Lexi seemed to have a close relationship and I believe they were roommates. I know Maggie and Lexi were. After Denae posted, Maggie's mom stated 'Can't wait to wear green and gold at Hilton next year'. Guessing some bad blood in there.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I don't like the decision because of the reasons she said why she left, but the post's wording felt a little like a slap in the face to fans.
Wasn't going to here but oh well. Maggie, Denae and Lexi seemed to have a close relationship and I believe they were roommates. I know Maggie and Lexi were. After Denae posted, Maggie's mom stated 'Can't wait to wear green and gold at Hilton next year'. Guessing some bad blood in there.
You have a point because I intentionally said "Fans" but not originally. I changed it from "program' to avoid it being about Fennelly. I should have, with these themes, posted a lot less.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

It's not even a guarantee that Baylor comes to Hilton next year. Not a round robin anymore.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I think that was Emily Ryan's aunt. I still thinking something more is going on.

From what I've heard second hand there are a few things:

A) Bill was more cruel than usual this year. It sounds like the line from "tough coaching" to being just downright mean was crossed. It would appear to me the pressure of expectations got to him a bit.

B) I think Ashley coming back, and the resulting offensive impact, impacted some of the girls. I think they expected larger roles and it was the same-ol', same-ol' this year.

C) I had heard that the way Bill treated Soares rubbed some girls the wrong way. I think they all loved Soares, but Bill constantly gushing about someone who had been there less than a year and often being very dismissive of some of the girls who'd been in the program multiple years caused some issues in the locker room. Consistent with the theory that's been there for years that Bill definitely has favorites and doesn't hide that.

• Informative
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022

…lllC) I had heard that the way Bill treated Soares rubbed some girls the wrong way. I think they all loved Soares, but Bill constantly gushing about someone who had been there less than a year and often being very dismissive of some of the girls who'd been in the program multiple years caused some issues in the locker room. Consistent with the theory that's been there for years that Bill definitely has favorites and doesn't hide that.
Not surprised Bill would ‘gush’ about landing one of the top 5 players in the country.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009

A) Bill was more cruel than usual this year. It sounds like the line from "tough coaching" to being just downright mean was crossed. It would appear to me the pressure of expectations got to him a bit.

B) I think Ashley coming back, and the resulting offensive impact, impacted some of the girls. I think they expected larger roles and it was the same-ol', same-ol' this year.

C) I had heard that the way Bill treated Soares rubbed some girls the wrong way. I think they all loved Soares, but Bill constantly gushing about someone who had been there less than a year and often being very dismissive of some of the girls who'd been in the program multiple years caused some issues in the locker room. Consistent with the theory that's been there for years that Bill definitely has favorites and doesn't hide that.

Couple of thoughts
1. Now Ashley is gone - should it be their chance to run with the (basket)ball now?

2. It's interesting if that's the case because last year BF raved about Denae

WartburgClone

Mar 14, 2022
I think that was Emily Ryan's aunt. I still thinking something more is going on.
I went searching for that quote by Maggie's mom and found that instead. It stuck out to me that of all the reactions to her commitment tweet, that was the singular one she retweeted. Although it appears that it's since been deleted and replaced with an apology.

ISU40

Jan 8, 2012
Ames
I went searching for that quote by Maggie's mom and found that instead. It stuck out to me that of all the reactions to her commitment tweet, that was the singular one she retweeted. Although it appears that it's since been deleted and replaced with an apology.
Maggie's mom responded on instagram

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
What else is going on? I’ve always heard Emily is one of Bill’s all-time favorites, playing the position as he would do it if he could take the court. They appear similar in intensity and disposition. I think there’s a reason she’s the last one remaining from the most highly touted recruiting class in ISU women’s basketball history - of course she (and her family) is feeling aggrieved!

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Do you really think she transferred to Baylor to get back at Bill? That seems like a stretch.
My post was in response to suggesting that Fritz's transfer was a poke at ISU fans. My opinion was it was more of a poke at Bill than ISU fans given all of the circumstances. Those circumstances include transferring to another conference school, going to a program that has historically been the opposite of the "Iowa State Way" and going to a program has not played with a distinctive faster style of play (which Fritz publicly stated as a preference).

My post wasn't intended to suggest that she went to Baylor solely to get back at Bill.

Ramington

Apr 26, 2023
My post was in response to suggesting that Fritz's transfer was a poke at ISU fans. My opinion was it was more of a poke at Bill than ISU fans given all of the circumstances. Those circumstances include transferring to another conference school, going to a program that has historically been the opposite of the "Iowa State Way" and going to a program has not played with a distinctive faster style of play (which Fritz publicly stated as a preference).

My post wasn't intended to suggest that she went to Baylor solely to get back at Bill.

Attachments

• 2034.jpg
    2034.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Wow
Reactions: farm85