Denae Fritz transferring

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
This is a disappointing development, but if Denae has WNBA aspirations, she's now playing for a coach who's been there. It'll be interesting to hear what Geewago has to say about this...

From the ISU perspective, it's difficult to put a positive spin on it. Baylor has the pair of freshman giving them an inside presence and now they have a guard who can shoot from outside.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Ahh good, good. Fritz is going full Hunter.

CrispEnchantingHerald-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: ianoconnor

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Fritz was one of my favorite players at ISU. I loved her grit and competitiveness. This made me have to gag myself to keep the words I want to say from coming out. If there is one team I despise in the 12 it’s Baylor. i still treasure her as a cyclone, but now she is officially disowned.

jspeels

May 14, 2022
Fritz was one of my favorite players at ISU. I loved her grit and competitiveness. This made me have to gag myself to keep the words I want to say from coming out. If there is one team I despise in the 12 it’s Baylor. i still treasure her as a cyclone, but now she is officially disowned.
Exactly. Good for her that Baylor wanted her. I guess not many others did. If this was her thoughts all along then so be it. She found her offensive fit…I don’t agree but not my life.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Love Fritz, but really, I hate this decision. Is she trying to poke back at her former fans who were pretty unconditionally devoted to her?
To me, this is more poking back at Bill. In conference transfer to a program that hasn’t exactly displayed a faster style of play (her stated preference) and to a program that doesn’t exactly mirror the “Iowa State Way”.

• Useful
Reactions: StClone

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

Yep it's like Tyrese. Thanks for what you did for ISU but not gonna bother me if you get booed next year.

Gary_ISU

Apr 12, 2006
Love Fritz, but really, I hate this decision. Is she trying to poke back at her former fans who were pretty unconditionally devoted to her?
Do you really think she transferred to Baylor to get back at Iowa State fans? That seems like a stretch.

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone