Diante Garrett

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
What the **** is it with kids and lack of language skills nowadays? Can somebody translate any of that into English? Seriously, how do these kids get out of grade school, let alone into college?

It's ironic that facebook got it's start with the college community. Now many of the users leave the impression that they have never set foot in a classroom.

The sad reality is that excessive reliance on social network communication results in not fully developing the personal communication skills required to be successful in life. At least the future have nots can continue to share their complaints with their friends and followers.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
This thread is dumb. If there is internal upheaval with the team, airing it in public against player's wishes probably isn't a smart call.

saf

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2006
Ames, IA
I agree--delete this thread and others like it.

To any players reading this: keep your head up! Love watching you guys play--behind you 100%. The real season (B12) starts soon.

Reactions: isucy1234

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
I think some people on this board are wanting to start controversies that aren't there. Just stop it already.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
What the **** is it with kids and lack of language skills nowadays? Can somebody translate any of that into English? Seriously, how do these kids get out of grade school, let alone into college?

HAHAHAHA +200 trillion. Talking like a 2 year old is cool though. I've heard a lot of things such as, "but i wanna hang out wif u guys" or "itz dat thing man."

Nothing is worse than Tasheed Carr's statuses on Facebook...seriously

Last edited:

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I agree--delete this thread and others like it.

To any players reading this: keep your head up! Love watching you guys play--behind you 100%. The real season (B12) starts soon.

I think some people on this board are wanting to start controversies that aren't there. Just stop it already.

Yes, it's best to just ignore everything, then it will just go away and everything will be great!:mask:

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Yes, it's best to just ignore everything, then it will just go away and everything will be great!:mask:

what good does discussing it do? it's not like anonymous people on a message board can help anything? All we can do is blow little things way out of proportion.

I just guess I don't see the need to pry into these kid's lives and know and have explained every emotion they have.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
what good does discussing it do? it's not like anonymous people on a message board can help anything? All we can do is blow little things way out of proportion.

I just guess I don't see the need to pry into these kid's lives and know and have explained every emotion they have.

If they are posting it for all to see on twitter or facebook then its not really prying... What else are message boards for? to discuss. Right now, the program is limping into a tough stretch, thats what is being discussed. Do you really, honestly believe we will go to the tournament this year? next? wasn't that the goal?

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
If they are posting it for all to see on twitter or facebook then its not really prying... What else are message boards for? to discuss. Right now, the program is limping into a tough stretch, thats what is being discussed. Do you really, honestly believe we will go to the tournament this year? next? wasn't that the goal?

Of course that's the goal.

That goal will not be affect IN ANY WAY by people "translating" Diante Garrett's facebook postings.

Also, this thread is not discussing "the program limping into a tough stretch" at all. This thread was discussing Garrett's facebook page.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale

Expect to go to the tourney?!? Next year is year one of the McD era right? Hes been dealt a tough hand.:jimlad:

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Of course that's the goal.

That goal will not be affect IN ANY WAY by people "translating" Diante Garrett's facebook postings.

Also, this thread is not discussing "the program limping into a tough stretch" at all. This thread was discussing Garrett's facebook page.

I agree the attempted translations were pointless, but there are some very concerning things that have been posted...