Do you have I-State vanity plates?

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
I have black plates. I might consider ISU plates if they flipped the colors, Cardinal main color with Gold lettering, I think I think it would look better.

But I think the regular Iowa plates are god awful too. For some reason the Iowa State patrol says it has to be all white behind the lettering, which is dumb, so many states don't. The one that was made somewhere that was the Iowa Flag was the best. There versions we could vote on were not great, and the one that was chosen is terrible.
Unfortunately Simpson college has the license plate with the colors inverted. Red/cardinal background with the yellow/gold lettering.

Also I don't think they said they have to be white background. They just said it sure would be easier to read plates if there was more contrast between the background and lettering, and we got the monstrosity we have by default now.

Also. A few months ago they made the Iowa Flag version available. Screenshot_20210821-223248_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: 2speedy1

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Unfortunately Simpson college has the license plate with the colors inverted. Red/cardinal background with the yellow/gold lettering.

Also I don't think they said they have to be white background. They just said it sure would be easier to read plates if there was more contrast between the background and lettering, and we got the monstrosity we have by default now.

Also. A few months ago they made the Iowa Flag version available. View attachment 88329
Problem is that should be the normal plate not one you have to request and pay more for. Plus, there was one that was actually made that was better that really looked like our flag. I do agree though this version is better, way better, than our current normal plate, I would think the state should realize how many hate the current plate considering how many are getting alternates.

I have seen the Simpson plate, and I feel that should be the ISU plate, It looks soo much better. Oh well, I guess it is what it is. Cant do much about it I suppose. And It is a personal preference thing, I'm sure there are others that disagree with me.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
You can get Iowa State themed plates in Texas. I hope someone gets "OUT" because OU + UT = OUT!

StateFann

Feb 7, 2018
I have RAIN4TH on ISU plates, lost ST8FANN in the divorce…but now she has to think of me whenever she sees it

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron