Do you prefer to watch CFB or NFL?

Do you prefer to watch CFB or NFL?

• College

• Pro

Results are only viewable after voting.

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
Do you prefer to watch professional football or college ball?

I don't know exactly what it is about pro football, but I just can't get into it. Maybe it would be different if there was a team in Iowa but I doubt it. Maybe it is that it is too polished. I can get in watching air force vs wyoming, but I just don't have any interest in watching pro teams. Although I go to super bowl parties, I look forward to the food and the hang, but not really the game. I prefer the halftime commercials. I also feel like the fans in college are typically more rabid about their teams. Not always, but generally. The band helps and so do the students. NFL just seems boring to me.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I've always been much more of a college fan, but Brock has changed all that. I've become a big 49er fan, so now I get pumped on Saturdays to watch my Clones and on Sundays (or Mondays or Thursdays) to watch Brock and company.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm more geared up for college Saturdays and pro is usually just kind of something in the background.

NFL is better football but that chance for an underdog to go bonkers on a Saturday or something is more fun.

• Agree
Reactions: MeanDean

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I think the comment about the NFL being too polished is spot on for me. It’s just a bit too strategic and antiseptic for me. I like the imperfection of the college game.

Cfb is great if you cruise the whole lineup for the good storyline or a brewing upset. Not as good if you just lock in on one specific game.

I like the product for both for different reasons.

When I get into this argument about basketball I suspect 90% of the people I debate with must have never watched an nba playoff series in their life or even know the rules have always been radically different.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Cfb is great if you cruise the whole lineup for the good storyline or a brewing upset. Not as good if you just lock in on one specific game.

I like the product for both for different reasons.

When I get into this argument about basketball I suspect 90% of the people I debate with must have never watched an nba playoff series in their life or even know the rules have always been radically different.

I don’t particularly like NBA regular season because I don’t feel like the effort is always there. But I love NBA playoff basketball. The effort, especially on defense is outstanding and it’s a great product. It’s a different game than college basketball, but both are great.

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
CFB getting less attractive. If I'm going to watch pros, I'll watch the top league, not the wannabes.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
The rivalries are so much more intense at the collegiate level. Plus the stakes are higher since the season isn’t as long.

I’m a casual NFL fan without a team allegiance. I root for players and coaches. Cyclone football is stressful enough.

Reactions: Tailg8er