Do you prefer to watch CFB or NFL?

• College

• Pro

Results are only viewable after voting.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
In the College game you can be as bad as Iowa is on offense and still win a bunch of games. Checkmate.

• Haha
Reactions: Farnsworth

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
I used to prefer college football 60/40. But a lot of the tradition loss, declining value of bowls, elimination of regional rivals, professionalization of the sport has pushed me back to the NFL (I much preferred the NFL as a kid) 70/30.

I love watching the ISU games. Don’t watch too many other games outside of the Big 12

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I’m a bigger college football fan; however, similar to others, I will watch any NFL game. Some college games are unwatchable.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I used to gorge myself equally. All day/night Saturday and any P5 on Thu/Fri nights for CFB. With NFL all aft/night Sunday and then MNF.

But I now typically only watch the equivalent of 2 full NFL games a week. Would much rather watch CFB by far. The NFL seems very homogenized. With college there are always 4-5 great matchups in addition to the Cyclones.

Yesterday was great even without ISU playing, especially the night games. Mostly watched FSU v Duke until it was a blowout. Then watched great end of UU vs. USC. Then caught end of Miami vs Clemson.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I like both.
I will watch the Cyclones no matter what. But I won't necessarily seek out college games unless it's a top 10 match up.
But with the pros...I'll watch whatever FOX, CBS, NBC or ESPN or AMAZON PRIME have on.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
The fact that one loss takes you out of contention for a championship is a reason I like NFL more than CFB. Playoff system will help, but college football is the only major sport where you can’t play your way back from a slow start to a season.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Indulge in both, but NFL has gotten a lot more enjoyable for me. Used to not have much interest in watching non-GB games, now I enjoy tuning in to whatever game is on.

College still has its charms, but if realignment continues to stratify things it’ll get tougher to watch.

Still prefer college basketball far more than NBA for now.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I love both but prefer NFL probably as my favorite. For example I can watch every nfl playoff game and love it even though my team usually sucks and never makes it. College…I could miss the CFP and not be upset about it even though I do love college football

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The rivalries are so much more intense at the collegiate level. Plus the stakes are higher since the season isn’t as long.

I’m a casual NFL fan without a team allegiance. I root for players and coaches. Cyclone football is stressful enough.

Every game counts def helps college fb. 12 team playoff will just barely keep that except for a few programs stacked enough to survive phoning in a week for a loss.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Cfb is great if you cruise the whole lineup for the good storyline or a brewing upset. Not as good if you just lock in on one specific game.

I like the product for both for different reasons.

When I get into this argument about basketball I suspect 90% of the people I debate with must have never watched an nba playoff series in their life or even know the rules have always been radically different.

I agree that the sheer lineup and storylines of CFB are so good (well declining with greed).

I like the sheer slate of games, you can always find something interesting on, and sometimes 3-4 at the same time. Will miss Pac 12 after dark, that was fun to relax in bed and fall asleep to.

I was never an NFL guy so I can't say I dropped off that. I tried doing fantasy for awhile to TRY and get into it, but I just never could.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: GTO and HFCS

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Actually, GOING to a college football game is light years better than going to any pro football game.

• Disagree
Reactions: Candide

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
If I have a tie to the game, I prefer watching college - Cyclones or a Big 12 matchup. But if it's just two random teams, I'd rather watch an NFL game versus some Pac 12 or MAC game.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
In all honesty, the movie Idiocracy is becoming a documentary on life, while BASEketball is for sports.

Last edited:

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Actually, GOING to a college football game is light years better than going to any pro football game.
No way. NFL does not have as much down time as college. The production of a NFL game is much better.
I haven't been to a NFL game in a few years but I never remember thinking to myself "oh god not another media time out" at an NFL game like I do at pretty much any ISU home game.
Now the family aspect of a college game is much better than NFL.

ghyland7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2012
I like watching ISU more than any other football.

I like watching the "average" NFL game much more than the "average" college game. There are just too many blowouts and bad quality football. Does anyone really enjoy watching Iowa's offense? It's amusing how much they struggle, but it isn't an entertaining product.

Maybe it's always been this way, but it seems like there's an even bigger difference now between the "haves" and the "have nots" in college football post-NIL. At least in the NFL they have the draft and salary caps to try and make things even between the teams.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron