Does this rate as one of your toughest days...

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
of being a Cyclone fan? I have been thinking about this crap all day, unable to do work or school. I would say this is the #1 kick in the nuts I have had as a Cyclone fan, close second would be the missed field goal against Mizzou.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
As an ISU fan? This is the ultimate kick in the gonads. ISU could have recovered from the blarge screwjob and the many FGs that Shaggy missed. Today is a potential game-changer as far as the future of ISU athletics goes.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
I dont think any amount of poor outcomes for football/basketball can trump this. Unless JP has some miracle behind the scenes, I think today is clearly our apocalypse. Ill still be cheering for the good guys though.

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
It might just be me being a little out of sorts, but at this moment I don't think I would care to ever see a non-ISU college football game again.

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
This and that freezing, raining day at the ledgendary OT Missouri game that the media-haters always bring up when we could have won the North. Lot of pain for no gain. But today was slightly worse

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
This is the worst day in the history of our Athletics Program and the worst day in the history of our University. All due to a huge money grab by tax exempt non-profits. How ironic.

Those are the end of my negative comments. Nowhere to go but up from here. The Cyclones and Iowa State University still have my full support. I plan on increasing my donation next year and not only purchasing Football and Men's BB season tickets but attending every game. Clone to the Bone! Go Cyclones!!!

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
It might just be me being a little out of sorts, but at this moment I don't think I would care to ever see a non-ISU college football game again.

Funny you say that, I was thinking the same thing. Can I watch a Big 10 game knowing this is the institution that helped bring ISU down? Might just ruin college football for me, we will see, maybe I will thaw over time.

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
Funny you say that, I was thinking the same thing. Can I watch a Big 10 game knowing this is the institution that helped bring ISU down? Might just ruin college football for me, we will see, maybe I will thaw over time.
I will be more of a Chiefs fan now I know that.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
oh god. Don't challenge cyclone fans to come up with tough days. I think im depressed now

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
This is right up there. 2000 Michigan State game was bad, the two misses of the Big XII Championship in FB were worse, but this is just horrible.

On a side note, there is one positive thing. We're not the school that's the most screwed by this deal. Nope, that belongs to the Bears of Baylor. At least we're talking MWC or possibly some deal with the Big East. They are looking C-USA or the Sun Belt square in the face.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
This is right up there. 2000 Michigan State game was bad, the two misses of the Big XII Championship in FB were worse, but this is just horrible.

On a side note, there is one positive thing. We're not the school that's the most screwed by this deal. Nope, that belongs to the Bears of Baylor. At least we're talking MWC or possibly some deal with the Big East. They are looking C-USA or the Sun Belt square in the face.

I wouldn't be proclaiming this too loudly - most media think Baylor is primed for MWC and we're headed for CUSA...

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
No. It is not a bad day because the only people calling it a bad day are morons that take internet rumors as a fact.

As of now, nothing is a fact until ONE SINGLE UNIVERSITY actually says they are moving out.

Since that hasn't happened yet, most people are willing to soil pants and cover it up on the count of them being retards.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA

I won't watch college football other than ISU, I know that. Not that I do much anyway, but I'll definitely turn my attention more to basketball. That being said, this will fire me up to attend more ISU FB games in person than ever before. As for the Big Ten, well, I'm hoping to go to grad school at one of their schools in the future (they have excellent programs in my field), so I can't hold anything against the educational side of the universities. And, I can probably find it in my heart to cheer for Northwestern or Minnesota...they weren't the schools that are really responsible for any of this. However, I just won't care that much. CFB will be dead to me, because it is no longer about the love of the game at all.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I'm not the first to say this, but if this happens in the worst way for ISU, I'm through with college football.

Now am I still a football fan? Yes, and thank God I still have the Green Bay Packers:biggrin: