Does this rate as one of your toughest days...

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
No. It is not a bad day because the only people calling it a bad day are morons that take internet rumors as a fact.

As of now, nothing is a fact until ONE SINGLE UNIVERSITY actually says they are moving out.

Since that hasn't happened yet, most people are willing to soil pants and cover it up on the count of them being retards.
I agree, one report may be wrong, but several reports including from the mouth of Mack Brown, this story is done.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
I wouldn't be proclaiming this too loudly - most media think Baylor is primed for MWC and we're headed for CUSA...

I hope that these media people get fired, very, very soon. There is, in my opinion, absolutely no winning argument for Baylor when compared to ANY of the other Big XII schools. No fan support, crappy facilities, private college as compared to state school, crappy town. Sure, it's in Texas, and they have powerful backers, but really? Not trying to hate on them too much, since I actually feel sorry that they're in this position like us...but, seriously?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
No. It is not a bad day because the only people calling it a bad day are morons that take internet rumors as a fact.

As of now, nothing is a fact until ONE SINGLE UNIVERSITY actually says they are moving out.

Since that hasn't happened yet, most people are willing to soil pants and cover it up on the count of them being retards.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, Beebe... :jimlad:

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
It sucks but the last few years when something bad has happened something good followed it. Hoping this wont be any different. Good things happen to good people, they just get tested from time to time.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. However, that's like saying, "don't freak out yet, we're down 70-3, but there's still 15 seconds left in the game. We can come back from this." This may not be true, in which case I'll be perfectly willing to eat crow, I promise (I'll also kiss the feet of whoever saves ISU athletics). But with all of the smoke, which often leads to fire, especially when there is THIS MUCH smoke, I find it hard to believe that things will go very well for us with regard to realignment in the near future. I'm not freaking out, but I am feeling very depressed when thinking about our future now.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
I agree, one report may be wrong, but several reports including from the mouth of Mack Brown, this story is done.
Sorry if I discount the the opinion of the unofficial most ******** on CF (it's UNIGuy4Cy), as a source of "fact" that this is all going to leave ISU in the dust right now.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

I'm guilty of holding on to this hope as well, but the Pollard/Geoffrey email last Friday was the only smoke I needed to see to know there was a fire.

ISUcy08

Dec 22, 2008
This really sucks, but I'm not too freaked out just yet. I hope we at least get MWC. I would be good with that. I don't think it would be too bad if ISU, KU, K-St, and Boise were added along with Utah already, all things considered.

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA

I hope to remember this ray of sunshine a week from today

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
Sorry if I discount the the opinion of the unofficial most ******** on CF (it's UNIGuy4Cy), as a source of "fact" that this is all going to leave ISU in the dust right now.
Im glad you are not in charge of ISU's current situation, **** we would sit around till we land in the CIML or something.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
I agree with a lot of what you're saying. However, that's like saying, "don't freak out yet, we're down 70-3, but there's still 15 seconds left in the game. We can come back from this." This may not be true, in which case I'll be perfectly willing to eat crow, I promise (I'll also kiss the feet of whoever saves ISU athletics). But with all of the smoke, which often leads to fire, especially when there is THIS MUCH smoke, I find it hard to believe that things will go very well for us with regard to realignment in the near future. I'm not freaking out, but I am feeling very depressed when thinking about our future now.

I think the correct comparison is that we are down a couple of games in a 7 game series, but we still have a chance to bounce back with some interesting realignment options.

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
It sucks but the last few years when something bad has happened something good followed it. Hoping this wont be any different. Good things happen to good people, they just get tested from time to time.
Good post, I have been thinking this all day.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
I hope to remember this ray of sunshine a week from today

Im glad you are not in charge of ISU's current situation, **** we would sit around till we land in the CIML or something.
Until anything official comes out, the people freaking out are the chicken littles that will believe anything they hear, from anyone. Including the DB from a TEXAS MESSAGE BOARD.

Yes, that includes both of you.

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
Until anything official comes out, the people freaking out are the chicken littles that will believe anything they hear, from anyone. Including the DB from a TEXAS MESSAGE BOARD.

Appreciate the mild scolding. Thanks for taking it easy on me - 'night mom.

ozhawk

May 3, 2010
of being a Cyclone fan? I have been thinking about this crap all day, unable to do work or school. I would say this is the #1 kick in the nuts I have had as a Cyclone fan, close second would be the missed field goal against Mizzou.
Oh good grief. Pick yourselves up by the bootstraps and get on with things. Holy crap! This isn't a friggin funeral. ISU will be fine. You have a great AD. BTW UNIGuy4Cy they are talking about you the HN rivalry forum.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA

I really, really don't like to get mad at something that is posted on a message board, but calling individual people out for freaking out is freaking out yourself. Everyone should take a deep breath, stop the bickering, and quit saying condescending things about other people on the board. Debate is good, argument is not, especially with the future of ISU athletics seemingly in-limbo right now. Who knows what's going on? All I know is that everything being reported, by fairly reputable sources, doesn't make me optimistic about the future. Do you see me, or any of these other people, completely freaking out? We're just Cyclone fans who are concerned about what may be happening to us and all of college athletics. Please, just settle down.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
If you are all having such a tough time with today, then what happens if all your doomsday theories are legitimized? Mass suicide? I love ISU, but get a grip.. we could come out of this worse, but there's also a chance we come out better or the same.