Does this rate as one of your toughest days...

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
I really, really don't like to get mad at something that is posted on a message board, but calling individual people out for freaking out is freaking out yourself. Everyone should take a deep breath, stop the bickering, and quit saying condescending things about other people on the board. Debate is good, argument is not, especially with the future of ISU athletics seemingly in-limbo right now. Who knows what's going on? All I know is that everything being reported, by fairly reputable sources, doesn't make me optimistic about the future. Do you see me, or any of these other people, completely freaking out? We're just Cyclone fans who are concerned about what may be happening to us and all of college athletics. Please, just settle down.

Seriously. Name one "reputable" source that says the end of the world (the B12 crumbling) is imminent after today. FACT is that every article is complete speculation at this point. Freaking out about it is meaningless unless it comes from an actual University at this point.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Man I must be ********. I've tried to follow the 3 trillion different "official" announcements today but my brain hasn't retained one single one of those pieces of information as actual fact.

Once I get 100% factual official word that the demise of ISU athletics HAS OFFICIALLY HAPPENED, yeah then that day will be pretty rough. Today was absolutely no different than yesterday otherwise. Tell me what factually came about today that I did not know yesterday. Nebby "officially" to the Big 10? Nope, I was told that yesterday. CU to the Pac 10 but doesn't have an invite yet? Nope, I read a random blog about that yesterday.

LOL And I find it hilarious how people read all this ***** and act so depressed on message boards. How the hell do we know ISU won't come out in a great situation out of all this? Just because bloggers and twatters aren't talking about us!?? hahaha, please. Twatters...haha, great word!

And by the way, kudos to Twitter, the company. Having every nitwit and dbag on the planet post random "fact" or "news" every six seconds has had the biggest collective influence on the emotional well being of sports fans in this country in the history of, well, ever. That's gotta mean somethin!

MAYBE THE ENTIRE CONFERENCE RE-ALIGNMENT IS ALL THE DOING OF TWITTER!!! IT WAS TWITTER'S IDEA TO START THIS WHOLE MESS! THAT'S MY LASTEST RUMOR!! I AM GOING TO TWEET THAT :)

Reactions: azn4cy

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
this whole month is going to be the worst unless the Big 12 can pull something together. we have to determine our future by June 30th.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Seriously. Name one "reputable" source that says the end of the world (the B12 crumbling) is imminent after today. FACT is that every article is complete speculation at this point. Freaking out about it is meaningless unless it comes from an actual University at this point.

This.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA

Did I state that any of those sources said "the end of the Big XII is imminent?" No, I didn't. I said that I "wasn't optimistic" about the future. It seems like you should probably log off and get some sleep, because you are not doing a great job at offering substance to the conversation. You are only being confrontational. I myself am going to go now because I don't like pointless bickering, but I like unresolved pointless bickering even less. :smile:

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
It is at the pinnacle of why I will no longer be an Iowan. I do not want my tax dollars to go to state the has treated ISU with such disrespect (see Pomerantz, Branstad, the Rag and local media).
I will always be an ISU supporter though.

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
I don't think the government should get involved in conference realignment, but I do think they should set up the playoffs and give every conference an equal shot to get in. Then divide the profits equally to every conference. If you want to start your own playoff you would be in jeopardy of losing research funds.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
This probably is not over until the fat lady sings. Even if she does start singing it will not rate as my toughest day as an ISU fan. That will always be reserved to the day we heard about Pete Taylor.