Dr. Jill has invited Hawkeye Women to the White House

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I can't say I have a huge problem with it. Take off the cardinal and gold blinders and see that these two took part in the highest rated game in womens basketball history. It was a huge moment for the sport.

They invite entire football teams to the WH, they can handle 2 basketball teams. Hell, as someone said earlier, even if they invited the whole final 4, why not? Its something fun for all of them.

And if we're honest the reason it was rated so high is people like seeing CC take and make nearly half court shots.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Pizzapitter

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
And if we're honest the reason it was ranked so high is people like seeing CC take and make nearly half court shots.
It was also the first tourney on major media for 10-15 years. The games were trending 50% higher even without CC. So this was going to be the most watched women’s final strictly due to the media platform.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I kinda like Angel. She's open/honest about her trash talk. CC/Iowa seems to act like its more one-way.
I think a major difference in what CC did and Angel did was Angel chased CC around the court like a 6 year old would do to antagonise a person about something. CC does it and moves on. Angel basically quit playing and just chased CC around doing the same thing over and over

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
This is a horrible idea and I hope Biden doesn't follow his wife's suggestion.

This game has already taken on very strong racial overtones. The nation perceives Iowa as the white team led by the great white hope Clark, and LSU is the black team. Whites describe Clark as "competitive" and Reese as a "thug".

If the Whitehouse breaks tradition and, for the first time in history, invites the losing team (the white team) to share the spotlight with the black team, this will blow up in Biden's face and become a full blown racial issue.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I kinda like Angel. She's open/honest about her trash talk. CC/Iowa seems to act like its more one-way.

I don't. I am finding her increasingly obnoxious, grating, and immature.

And this does not mean I'm necessarily taking Clark's side either. I also find her to be a bit too full of herself.

I am tired of this silly, stupid story already. Dr. Jill's idea, while well-intentioned, is just a bad idea all around.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
This is a horrible idea and I hope Biden doesn't follow his wife's suggestion.

This game has already taken on very strong racial overtones. The nation perceives Iowa as the white team led by the great white hope Clark, and LSU is the black team. Whites describe Clark as "competitive" and Reese as a "thug".

If the Whitehouse breaks tradition and, for the first time in history, invites the losing team (the white team) to share the spotlight with the black team, this will blow up in Biden's face and become a full blown racial issue.
FLOTUS spokesperson has already walked her comments back. It's not going to happen. Iowa WBB program didn't ask for this, isn't expecting it, hasn't complained about what Reese did, hasn't badmouthed LSU team or coaches, hasn't blamed the loss on the refs. I think they've handled themselves pretty graciously in defeat.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
FLOTUS spokesperson has already walked her comments back. It's not going to happen. Iowa WBB program didn't ask for this, isn't expecting it, hasn't complained about what Reese did, hasn't badmouthed LSU team or coaches, hasn't blamed the loss on the refs. I think they've handled themselves pretty graciously in defeat.
As well they should since they got spanked and gave up the most points in NCAA Tournament Championship history.

Having said that, I give Iowa credit for having an incredible player and for making an incredible run.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
As well they should since they got spanked and gave up the most points in NCAA Tournament Championship history.

Having said that, I give Iowa credit for having an incredible player and for making an incredible run.
I agree. Iowa got beat by 17 in the national championship game, but they still finished runner up and won a final four game. Best team the state has ever seen and they will be remembered that way.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I don't. I am finding her increasingly obnoxious, grating, and immature.

And this does not mean I'm necessarily taking Clark's side either. I also find her to be a bit too full of herself.

I am tired of this silly, stupid story already. Dr. Jill's idea, while well-intentioned, is just a bad idea all around.

I'm probably bias because she was taunting the hawkeyes :)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I hadn't seen the after game stuff. What I have always believed and openly said to anyone I coached, is that if you keep bringing up the other person/team after you won and things they did, they got the best of you. Angel Reese does not understand that CC is winning the "war". CC avoided the whole thing and let it die. Angel Reese is letting CC live in her head rent free and is keeping her in the press/media. Best thing Angel could/can do is once the game was done, was to not mention CC (unless she wanted to say good game, and I wouldn't have even done that) and just say we won and that is all I'm going to talk about. Morris talking about CC needing to show their players, team and coach respect is letting CC win. You earn respect, when you demand it you don't get it. Angel needs to celebrate the win and bring up what her team did and let Iowa and CC disappear.

Reactions: NWICY

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Iowa’s coach has in fact stated that she couldn’t get the officials to have any conversation with her during the game and stated that she had 3 starters on the bench with 4 fouls which changed the game. Also specifically stated that Ciznarno only played 21 minutes. But in general, I agree, Iowa’s coaches and players have taken the high road. Angel’s beef is with the media’s narrative not Iowa.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Iowa’s coach has in fact stated that she couldn’t get the officials to have any conversation with her during the game and stated that she had 3 starters on the bench with 4 fouls which changed the game. Also specifically stated that Ciznarno only played 21 minutes. But in general, I agree, Iowa’s coaches and players have taken the high road. Angel’s beef is with the media’s narrative not Iowa.
I would be a little ticked off as well if I was Reese.

She got blasted for that gesture by some in the media -- nationally and the thin skin state media, yet Clark didn't.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
It's a totally innocent comment, but you can see why it's generated some outrage. Even if not her intent, it smacks of "oh, we wish the other team would have won", which of course then invokes the discussions around why they'd prefer to be hosting the Iowa players over the LSU players.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
If Iowa gets an invite and they have any decency at all they should decline and let LSU have the spotlight.

Either way, what a dumb move by Jill Biden. I normally respect her but she really needs the read the room better in this regard.
Iowa and decency? What the #### are you smoking? Also the way Cizanero was using her elbows, she should have been fouled out earlier.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron