Dr. Jill has invited Hawkeye Women to the White House

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
This is what I've found funny about the entire discussion. This was never about Angel Reese "the competitor". This was about Angel Reese the social media personality. She wanted to build her brand/image and hey, she's been successful. So good for her and in women's sports you have to get creative on how you monetize yourself. But it was always so silly to think she was doing this for any reason other than to have a viral clip for TikTok.
Maybe, she still plays a pretty strong BB game, and that gives her notoriety and legitimacy. If she cashes in no problem. Doubt being a trash talker will be her long-term goal as "15 seconds/minutes of fame" can be just that and making coin is America right?

Fun to see how the next season for LSU and Iowa shakes out.

Last edited:

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
If you have young kids, I'd do the Kim Mulkey one. You could have that as a way to scare them to go to bed. If you don't go, I'll play that crazy lady video on you!
Clark earns big-time NIL off her bad/good girl image. Reese has a rising lucre off her winning, trash-talking, image. And, Mulkey's successes off her jungle attire.

NCAA WWB at the top, for good or bad, is turning WWE fast. Kim knows what she is doing dressing "Goodwill Swag." She's a great coach and smart. She is so smart that looking the part of the evil Kim-ella is schtick and meant to trigger her haters. She trolls to the nth degree and does this to add to her image. It works!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: cyclone13

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Another theory: she will want to be a villain ala Floyd "Money" Mayweather or WWE style. People would pay to see the villains lose / getting crushed.
It'll be interesting. She's gained gobs of social media followers, ka-ching. But eventually, and probably sooner rather than later, she won't be front-page news anymore. There won't be cameras following her around and media wanting interviews. How will she respond to that?

• Winner
Reactions: bos

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Clark earns big-time NIL off her bad/good girl image. Reese has a rising lucre off her winning, trash-talking, image. And, Mulkey's successes off her jungle attire.

NCAA WWB at the top, for good or bad, is turning WWE fast. Kim knows what she is doing dressing "Goodwill Swag." She's a great coach and smart. She is so smart that looking the part of the evil Kim-ella is schtick and meant to trigger her haters. She trolls to the nth degree and does this to add to her image. It works!

IIRC Kim actually confirmed this that she did it on purpose.

• Funny
Reactions: StClone

Dowwmeow

Sep 24, 2022
Reese now says she WILL go to the White House (guess that invite to see “Barack” and “Michelle” fell through). I haven’t seen backpedaling like this since Barnum and Bailey were in town.