Dr. Jill has invited Hawkeye Women to the White House

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
I don’t feel strongly about the antics either way but the comparisons are comical. If someone shouts something across a bar at you is entirely different than someone getting in your face and stalking you talking smack. But to me, it’s getting dumb how much run that is getting in the storyline.

The only part I struggle with was the officiating was just such sub-standard for a Championship game. I keep hearing every official or crew has an off night and then the media “assumes” this crew earned their way to officiate this game. I’d like someone to produce the metrics that these were the 3 (or close to 3) top officials. Because I can’t see how with as bad as they were, for both sides, they were the best available.
  • Jones has reffed 9 FFs and three championships;
  • Murray has reffed 3 FFs including last year's title game;
  • Spurlock-Welsh worked the last two FFs, but not the championship

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I don't think Reese wants it to die either. She has tripled her followers on social media. At some point, this is just marketing for her and I can't say I blame her. She will be making a lot more money because of all this.
Lol, she's already got the gestures on a t-shirt. SHOP THE MERCH.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Lol, she's already got the gestures on a t-shirt. SHOP THE MERCH.

This is what I've found funny about the entire discussion. This was never about Angel Reese "the competitor". This was about Angel Reese the social media personality. She wanted to build her brand/image and hey, she's been successful. So good for her and in women's sports you have to get creative on how you monetize yourself. But it was always so silly to think she was doing this for any reason other than to have a viral clip for TikTok.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
  • Jones has reffed 9 FFs and three championships;
  • Murray has reffed 3 FFs including last year's title game;
  • Spurlock-Welsh worked the last two FFs, but not the championship
Wow, to be so horrible with that much experience is even worse.

• Haha
Reactions: NWICY

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
This is what I've found funny about the entire discussion. This was never about Angel Reese "the competitor". This was about Angel Reese the social media personality. She wanted to build her brand/image and hey, she's been successful. So good for her and in women's sports you have to get creative on how you monetize yourself. But it was always so silly to think she was doing this for any reason other than to have a viral clip for TikTok.
Angel Reese: "So, this is for the girls that look like me. That’s going to speak up for what they believe in. It’s unapologetically you and that’s what I did it for tonight. It was bigger than me tonight. It was bigger than me."

Also Angel Reese:
AngelReese2.jpg

• Dumb
Reactions: Bigman38

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I didn't say Clark was innocent. Things probably were said during the game, from both sides. That's the way they play the game these days. I can't stand it, but trash talk is the norm I believe. Much of the media outcry over Reese's behavior probably is rooted in racism and double standards, to some extent, and that double standard is rightly being called out.

Or maybe the fact that instead of celebrating with her teammates she decided to follow her around the court looking like a moron. The one at the free throw line was perfectly fine. In fact if it was the only time it wouldn’t have gotten much coverage at all imo. She pushed it too far.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I think alot of what she does is done to grow her social media clout, which is not in any way a bad thing. The earning potential for women is professional sports is not very high. I think she's smart enough to know that she has more earning potential through her social media/internet fame than through her game. And there's no doubt more people who know she is today than they did a week ago.

I guess I can see why it rubs people the wrong way, but I think she's seen the landscape for college women athletes and knows that setting yourself apart is done primarily through your social media presence. And I can't fault her for that.

Yes I agree but the racism angle is so tired. Newsflash everything isn’t racist.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
What the hell are their sports information people doing? There is no way Jamie Pollard or any coach at ISU would ever allow this to go on.
The President of the University said this.

"If you have a problem with it, beat her... If you can't beat her, sit down. I think a lot of people have comment(ed) and never played sports. You create slights, you create people dissing you so that you can go out there and be motivated to come after them. That's what this is about.

"And by the way, this is LSU. This is swag country. This is what we do here."

So he supports it as long as their athletic teams win. That is all LSU cares about as a University.

• Sad
Reactions: 7Got6

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I was embarrassed by Caleb Grill’s stupid. No idea why that wasn’t a technical foul.

I am not sure when we became a society where disrespecting others is celebrated but that’s where we are. The racist rantings of Hawk fans all over social media show exactly why it is acceptable for CC and not Reese.

It was stupid but it was beautiful considering the moment and the opponent

• Haha
Reactions: farm85

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Angel Reese: "So, this is for the girls that look like me. That’s going to speak up for what they believe in. It’s unapologetically you and that’s what I did it for tonight. It was bigger than me tonight. It was bigger than me."

Also Angel Reese:
View attachment 111773

She really said that?

I'm no fan of anything Iowa and outside of playing ISU haven't seen a second of C. Clarke's career.

Has Clarke ever said anything close to this at anytime?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron